Fuda Cancer Hospital was established in 2003. It is located in Guangzhou, 50 km away from the Baiyun International Airport.
Advantages and facts about Fuda Hospital in China
➞ Affordable prices in Fuda Hospital.
Fuda Hospital in China offers reasonable prices for treatment and diagnostics. The costs here are at the same level as in Turkey, and 2-3 times cheaper than in the Western European countries.
➞ Focus on treatment of cancer stage 3-4, when chemo- or radiation therapies are ineffective.
Fuda Hospital in Guangzhou has adopted the latest international concept of cancer treatment without chemo- and radiotherapy — 3C+P treatment model. It consists of 4 treatment options to improve patients' life quality — cryosurgical ablation (CSA) to destroy a tumor, microvascular interventional сhemotherapy (CMI) to kill remained cancerous cells, combined immunotherapy for cancer (CIC) to make the body fight with cancer itself, and personalized treatment.
➞ Top modern hospital in China to perform cryosurgery
Cryosurgery is a non-surgical destruction of cancer cells with extreme cold. Over 10,000 such procedures have been already conducted at Fuda.
➞ 15-year survival rate after treatment of pancreatic cancer
This is the longest patient's life expectancy ever registered after treatment of pancreatic cancer at the late stage. For comparison, less than 8% of patients live over 5 years with pancreatic cancer according to cancer.net.
➞ The 1st NanoKnife procedure in China
Fuda doctors were the first to carry out NanoKnife procedure in the country.
➞ Removal of giant facial tumor ever recorded in the world
Fuda doctors removed 25 kg facial neoplasm. A patient was a 37 old Chinese man, also known as an "Elephant Man".
➞ Removal of 55 kg malignant abdominal tumor
The large ovarian cancer neoplasm was successfully removed in women at Fuda.
➞ Cooperation with MD Anderson Cancer Center
Fuda hospital cooperates with No. 1 facility in the USA according to U.S. News & World Report to implement new treatments against cancer.
➞ Cancer treatment for people of any age
The youngest patient with cancer treated at Fuda was 11 months old, the oldest — 93 years old.
➞ Free services for international patients
Fuda International provides free airport-hospital-airport transfer, language assistance (English, Arabic, Russian, Chinese). These services do not affect the treatment cost at Fuda.
➞ Fast response from the hospital to start treatment immediately
Fuda Cancer Hospital answers within 24 hours after your request on Bookimed website. This means that you can start treatment at Fuda Guangzhou in the shortest term.
About the Fuda Chief President
Prof. Xu Kecheng heads Fuda Cancer Hospital. He is a world-renowned expert in the gastrointestinal diseases treatment. The Professor provides clinical activity in general medicine, hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases. Among the doctor's achievements are:
- The owner of the most prestigious award in the national healthcare — Bethune Medal for the great contribution to the cancer treatment in Chinese and world medicine.
- Vice-President of the International Society of Cryosurgery since 2011 at present.
- President of Asian Society of Cryosurgery
- President of Fuda Institute of Lung Cancer.
- Prof. Xu Kecheng is currently researching minimally invasive treatment of malignant tumors with cryosurgery ablation, NanoKnife, immunotherapy, and Traditional Chinese medicine.
FoundationOne CDx diagnostic at Fuda
The innovative FoundationOne CDx diagnostic test is available at Fuda. This is a complex test for determination of genes that provoke growth and development of solid tumors.
FoundationOne CDx is able to detect 324 genes which cause the development of malignancy. The test is also used to examine melanoma, non-small cell lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, ovarian cancer, etc.
How does it help? After determination of an individual genomic tumor profile, doctors can choose the most accurate type of immunotherapy (makes the immune system fight cancer) or/and targeted therapy (destroys malignant cells directly with minimal damage to the organism). For instance, if the test detects specific genes, a doctor chooses 1 out of 17 approved targeted therapies. As a result, the effectiveness of treatment increases significantly.
FoundationOne CDx has been recently approved by the FDA (Food and Drug Administration), the US agency that controls the safety, quality, and effectiveness of medicines, medical devices, vaccines, etc.
Cancer Treatment options at Fuda
Fuda doctors focus on non-surgical treatment of cancer. Specialists also try to avoid using traditional chemo or radiation therapies because of their frequent side effects. There are 10 most common cancer treatment options applied at Fuda. Below you can find for info about the most popular ones.
Cryosurgery therapy at Fuda
Cryosurgery is a destruction of tumor cells with a temperature below -160 oC that leads to their death. Moreover, frozen cancer cells are much more sensitive to chemo- or radiotherapy.
The cryosurgery may be applied:
- endoscopically (through the natural openings)
- through the puncture in the skin.
If a tumor is big, 2-3 cycles of cryosurgery may be required.
Cryosurgery is approved by FDA (Food and Drug Administration), the US federal agency that controls and supervises the quality of drugs, medical equipment, and therapies.
Cryosurgery for liver cancer at Fuda
Advantages of cryosurgery
1. A combination of cryotherapy and surgery reduces the risk of cancer cells during tumor resection.
2. Compared to traditional surgery, cryotherapy causes less harm to healthy tissues.
3. A patient recovers rapidly; the blood loss is minimal.
4. Cryosurgery is effective for tumor treatment located close to big blood vessels when traditional surgery can be dangerous.
5. The relapse of a tumor after cryosurgery is reduced compared to surgical intervention.
Cryosurgery therapy is effective for 34 cancer types. Among them are liver cancer, lung cancer, pancreas cancer, breast cancer, brain cancer, prostate cancer, osteosarcoma, melanoma, etc.
Fuda Hospital is a leader to perform cryosurgery therapy in China and even worldwide. International oncologists visit Fuda to study cryosurgery technique.
Over 10,000 cryosurgery procedures have been performed at Fuda.
Vascular Interventional Therapy in Fuda Hospital
Cancer cells like normal ones also have blood vessels. Vascular interventional therapy supposes to block supplying of a tumor and to kill cancerous cells. Unlike traditional chemo, this type affects only malignant tissues, the healthy ones are not damaged.
There are 2 main types of the vascular interventional therapy applied in Fuda hospital:
- Transarterial chemoembolization (TACE). Chemical drugs are administered through the catheter directly into the arteries that supplies a cancer tumor. TACE is the most effective for liver cancer treatment.
- Transarterial chemical infusion (TACI). Chemical drugs are administered directly into a tumor to destroy cancerous cells. This treatment option is effective for a wide range of oncology types.
Advantages of interventional chemotherapy:
1. Low injury rate of tissues.
2. Less side effects and pain compared to traditional chemo.
3. Short period of admission.
4. A patient recovery fast.
Interventional chemotherapy is effective for treatment of intracranial tumors, breast cancer, metastases in the lymph nodes, head and neck solid tumors, kidney cancer, lung cancer, liver cancer.
NanoKnife therapy at Fuda International
NanoKnife therapy is non-surgical destruction of a tumor without skin incisions. A neoplasm is destroyed with electric charges. This allows treating tumors with are located close to vital blood vessels or in the hard-to-reach areas.
NanoKnife was approved by FDA and the European Union in 2012.
NanoKnife is a safe and effective treatment option of malignant tumors with the following advantages:
1. The procedure is short. One therapeutic cycle lasts no more than 5 minutes.
2. Healthy tissues, vital organs, and blood vessels are preserved and not damaged.
3. The process of NanoKnife therapy is observed in real time. CT or MRI show the changes in tissues, and whether cancer cells are destroyed completely. This allows repeating the procedure and destroying remained cells.
NanoKnife is effective for such cancer types: pancreas cancer, liver cancer, lung cancer, colon cancer, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, solid tumors.
Fuda Hospital was the 1st in China to perform NanoKnife therapy.
Combined Immunotherapy for cancer at Fuda
Doctors in Fuda Cancer Hospital apply combined immunotherapy for cancer (CIC). Its aim is to stimulate the functions of the immune system and fight cancerous cells. Specialists collect the patients blood and cultivated the antibodies to cancer cells. Then they are inserted intravenously and start stimulating the immune system to attack cancerous cells.
Immunotherapy is a unique cancer treatment option when the neoplasm is affected by the patient's immune system not drugs or surgery. Immunotherapy is applied in combination with cryosurgery and vascular chemotherapy at Fuda.
Fuda specialists consider such advantages of CIC:
1. Side effects are minimal or absent.
2. A powerful therapy to prevent cancer recurrence.
3. Can be applied for almost all types of cancer, when other treatment options are ineffective.
4. A 10-15-year and higher survival rate for cancer patients after treatment according to Fuda International data.
Immunotherapy is indicated in case of:
- solid tumors after resection to prevent their relapse and metastatic spread
- the surgical removal of cancer is not completed, or cannot be cured due to other reasons
- cancer recurrence.
Brachytherapy in Fuda Guangzhou
Brachytherapy (internal radiation therapy) is a non-surgical treatment of cancer with radioactive seeds. They are small and placed into the affected organ and irradiate a tumor from inside. As a result, healthy tissues are not affected while cancerous ones die. Brachytherapy is one of the most suitable for prostate cancer treatment.
The brachytherapy does not need admission. Fuda doctors perform the procedure for about 45-60 minutes. Then a patient returns home and can lead a usual life. The seeds remain in an affected organ for several months.
Advantages of brachytherapy:
1. Brachytherapy is an outpatient procedure, no admission required
2. The seeds are not harmful for healthy tissues.
3. A patient returns to a normal life just after the procedure. They can go to work, do in for sport.
Fuda doctors apply brachytherapy to treat prostate cancer, tumors of soft tissues, breast cancer, brain cancer, pancreatic cancer, tongue cancer, cervical cancer, liver cancer, ovarian cancer, thyroid cancer, metastases in the lymph nodes.
Photodynamic therapy at Fuda
Photodynamic therapy is a non-surgical treatment option of cancer. It combines a special drug (called a photosensitizer) and a light dosage to destroy cancerous cells. A photosensitizing agent is intravenously administered in the body and accumulated in a tumor. Then Fuda doctors use special laser devices that produce light and irradiation a neoplasm. Under light activity, a sensitiser causes a tumor necrosis.
Advantages of photodynamic therapy:
1. High effectiveness — up to 90% is a cure rate for tumors at early stages.
2. Affects only tumor cells.
3. Do not cause toxicity, suppression of the immune system or bone marrow.
4. The effectiveness is visible within 48-72 hours after the procedure.
Photodynamic therapy is applied in Fuda Hospital to treat esophageal cancer, lung cancer, stomach cancer, bladder cancer, liver cancer, brain tumors.
Services at Fuda International
Fuda Hospital provides free airport-hospital-airport transfer.
A patient stays in a hotel or in a hospital ward (1-bed room, general, VIP).
Fuda Cancer Hospital provides a free interpreter (English, Arabic, Russian).
A hospital ward at Fuda Cancer Center
Awards and achievements of Fuda Cancer Hospital
International Society of Cryosurgery
Prof. Xu Kecheng, the Chief President of Fuda Hospital, has been the Vice President if Internal Society of Cryosurgery since 2011.
Fuda Hospital in Guangzhou was certified by JCI (Joint Commission International). The cancer center complies with international treatment standards. Among them are requirements for equipment, doctors' qualifications, and medical care.