- Rambam Hospital employs 4,500 people.
- 680,000 outpatients are served annually.
- 55,000+ surgeries were performed.
- 5,300 childbirths were given.
- Prof. Aaron Ciechanover and Avram Hershko who won the Nobel Prize in Chemistry work at Rambam Haifa in Israel.
Rambam Health Care Campus is the Medical Center in northern Israel in Haifa.
Ruth Rappaport Children’s Hospital
21 Specialty Units, including: Hemato-Oncology, Surgery, ICU, Cardiology, Neurology, Neonatology, Orthopedics. Ruth Rappaport Children’s Hospital at Rambam Haifa Israel offers a child-friendly atmosphere: family rooms, classrooms, cinema and playgrounds.
The method of endoscopic diagnostics and recovery is applied in Rambam Hospital in Israel. Children Center includes a pediatric complex comprising of cardiology, pediatric surgery, oncology, intensive care and hematology.
Methods of treatment in Rambam Hospital
- DaVinci Surgical System – robotic system to perform minimally invasive surgery.
- Carto 3 Cardiac Mapping and Navigation System – tool for diagnostics and treatment of martial fibrillation.
- SPECT/CT – ultra-high resolution imaging system.
- Pill Cam – a camera in a pill for diagnosis of gastrointestinal diseases.
- Gene Mapping – used for early detection of hereditary diseases, diabetes, kidney failure or dysfunction.
Bone Marrow Transplant Unit in Rambam Haifa in Israel
Specialists have experience in complex and complicated cases. The team of unit has provided 2,000+ bone marrow transplants by far.
In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) Department
Except standard IVF services, Rambam Haifa in Israel performs IVF for carriers of viral infections.
Doctors at Rambam Hospital
- A cardiologist Rafael Beyar MD, DSc is Chief Executive Officer & General Director.
- Another specialist of the Center is Dan Shechtman who won the Nobel Prize in chemistry.
- Sandra Zelikovic is the Head of Pediatric Nephrology.
- Ron Hoffman MD who is an expert in blood coagulation disorders heads the Center of Hematology-Oncology.
- Professor Zeev Wiener leads the Gynecology Department.
Achievements of Rambam Hospital
- Rambam doctors were the first in Israel to apply a non-invasive method of tremor treatment – the "ultrasonic scalpel" (ultrasound waves under the control of MRI).
- Together with the University of Wisconsin (USA), for the first time in the world, it was possible to obtain embryonic stem cells that lead to the creation of new blood vessels.
- Under the guidance of Professor Lyon Gepstein, scientists synthesized cardiomyocytes – new healthy cells of the heart muscle for patients with diagnosis "heart failure".
- For the first time in Israel, ovarian tissue preservation (freezing) was performed before chemotherapy. It was made to preserve the reproductive function.
- Rambam Haifa Clinic was the first to perform the surgery with Da Vinci robot to the child.
- Dr. Ziv Gil was the first in Israel to perform endoscopic surgery to remove the tumor transnasally (through the nose) to the child.