Astra Dent Dental Clinic
About Astra Dent Dental Clinic
Astra Dent Dentistry is a private clinic for teeth treatment in the capital of Ukraine — Kyiv.
Doctors of the Medical Center conduct dental implantation, prosthesis, crowning, veneers installation. The Clinic applies Sirona (Germany) equipment and dental materials produced in the USA and Germany.
Over 72,000 people have already been treated at Astra Dent.
Astra Dent Clinic was established in 2006.
It consists of 8 medical centers located in Kyiv: 2 Astra Dent facilities are in the city center, and 6 in the suburbs. You can make any appointment in any of them via Bookimed service.
Astra Dent in figures
Astra Dent advantages
- State-of-the-art dental equipment and appliances. The Clinic is equipped with 3D-tomography to get a high-detailed jaw image. The tomography directs the ray to the particular area that is why exposure to radiation of healthy tissues is minimal. Thuswise it is much less harmful for health.
- The treatment cost is lower than in European countries. It is explained by the price policy in the country. Despite such an affordability, the quality level is the same as in European dental centers.
- The Clinic provides the guarantee for tooth filling, crowning, veneers and dental prosthesis.
- Package price for foreign patients. It includes a medical procedure, transfer, assistance, excursions across the city.
Implantation is conducted in case if 1 or more teeth are absent. The procedure consists of 2 steps:
- Installation of the implant in the jaw bone. It is a ‘root’ where an artificial tooth will be placed.
- Setting the crown on the implant.
Teeth implantation steps
Astra Dent doctors install dental crowns using individual casts. There are 4 types of them:
- metal: titanium, steel, platinum or gold
They differ in price, strength, quality, and aesthetic appearance. Usually, the implantation is performed under local anesthesia, but at Astra Dent a patient can be sedated.
Dentists have already installed over 3,000 implants.
Astra Dent doctors install dental crowns according to individual casts. The procedure takes 2-3 sessions.
The crowns are recommended if:
- more than 50% tooth is injured
- the tooth top is worn away rapidly which results in malocclusion
- the tooth shape, size, and color require correction.
The procedure consists of 4 steps:
- diagnostics of the oral cavity
- treatment of the tooth on which the crown is placed
- casting and producing the crown in the laboratory
- crowning itself.
As in the case of dental implantation doctors also apply metal, porcelain, porcelain-fused-to-metal or zirconia crowns. Their warranty period is 10-20 years. It depends on the crown material, nutrition, and quality of care.
Veneers are a thin cover which is placed on front tooth surface to hide defects and recover damaged teeth. Doctors use special dental cementum to fix the veneer.
Astra Dent specialists install the following 2 types of veneers:
- composite veneers. Doctors place on the tooth filling material. The procedure is completely performed for 1 session. Composite veneers lifetime is 3-5 years. After this period, their color may change.
- porcelain veneers. The veneers installation takes 2-3 sessions. During the first consultation, a doctor makes a tooth cast and chooses the necessary shade. Porcelain plates look like natural teeth and do not change the color over time. The veneers lifetime is not limited but, in general, it is 10-12 years.
Choosing of a suitable veneer color
Dentists use 3 modern techniques:
- Whitening with chemical agents. Doctors apply such technique for patients without dental posts, tooth fillings, and prosthesis using the special gel. The chemical whitening cost is the lowest comparing with other known ways.
- Laser whitening. The method is considered the best price-quality ratio. A dentist directs laser to each tooth. The procedure takes up to 1 hour.
- Light-Activated Whitening (LAW). It is used for patients with enamel hypersensibility. LAW allows changing the teeth shade from 8 hues for 1 session.
Professional teeth cleaning is made in 3 ways:
- AirFlow is a type of cleaning with powder, water, and pressed air.
- Ultrasonic is the most careful cleaning method for hypersensitive teeth.
- Laser is the most accurate cleaning way. A dentist directs the laser only to the necessary area without affecting dental capsules.
Services for foreign patients
Accommodation: a patient stays in one of the partner hotels during treatment. Hotels offer special prices for Astra Dent patients.
Medical Tourism Department: the staff accompanies patients from their arrival to Kyiv. Coordinators assist in visa issues, accommodations, and excursions.
Reception at Astra Dent