I was very pleased with the stay and treatment at the clinic. The attending physician, Dr. Al-Zamir, a highly competent professional, underwent surgery, which I was also pleased with. The clinic staff is wonderful and friendly. In general, I was satisfied, I recommend this clinic Пребыванием и лечением в клинике остался очень доволен. Лечащий врач, доктор Аль-Замир - высококомпетентный профессионал - провел операцию, результатом которой я также остался доволен. Персонал клиники замечательный и дружелюбный. В целом остался доволен, рекомендую данную клинику
Ophthalmology treatment in Asklepios Hospital Barmbek
88%  patients recommend
3 hospital accreditations of quality
About Asklepios Hospital Barmbek
✔️ Over 2 million international patients choose Asklepios Hospitals Group. What do they fall for?
- 95% of patients are satisfied with the eye treatment results
- Asklepios takes 2nd place among the medical tourism facilities. The fact is approved by Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA)
- Asklepios is a leader of German eye healthcare for 25 years
- medical personnel offer the 5-star quality of accommodation
❗️ If you are interested in Asklepios Network, turn to Bookimed Doctor to learn more about treatment options and the price of the procedures in your particular case.
Laser correction surgery
Medical procedures Included
Diagnosis + Surgery + Chemotherapy
The cost is individual for each treatment program. To get a cost estimate and treatment program right for you, submit a request. It’s free and doesn’t oblige you to have a medical trip.
Your trust is our top concern, so these reviews are from real people like you. We collect feedback only from our customers after getting medical services in the facility booked via Bookimed.com.
We publish both positive and negative reviews for you to make the best choice. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
7 positive reviews on ophthalmology in Asklepios Hospital Barmbek
Clinic Asklepios Barmbek in Hamburg were very pleased. The staff is polite, all procedures and examinations done very quickly and professionally. Dr. Ulrich Schaudig is a professional in his field, as well as other doctors who worked with us. All was good. Special thanks to the translator Vladimir. Many thanks to the Bookimed coordinators for choosing the clinic, hotel and organizing our trip. Клиникой Асклепиос Бармбек в Гамбурге остались очень довольны. Персонал вежлив, все процедуры и обследования сделали очень быстро и профессионально. Доктор Ульрих Шаудиг профессионал своего дела, в прочем как и другие врачи, которые с нами работали. Всё было хорошо. Отдельное спасибо переводчику Владимиру. Большое спасибо координаторам из Bookimed за выбор клиники, гостиницы и организацию нашей поездки.
The medical services was very good and the doctors also specially Ph. Schargus He explained to us every thing about my son's case and he advice us to meet the cornea surgeon Prof. Geerling, Head of the University Eye Hospital in Düsseldorf and arranged to meet him so i would like to extend my thanks and appreciation to you and the hospital staff for your great efforts and supports.
3 negative reviews on ophthalmology in Asklepios Hospital Barmbek
I have retina detachments issues therefore I applied this group of individuals. When we agreed there was one professor the one week prior to my arrival we retired and I was offered Dr. Shaudig whom i eventually never met. On meeting in the reception I was advised that said professor was ill today. So I was routinely and e consumer,inglese inspected by a couple of young 1doctors who told me nothing new in the end. The story cost me min 1000 Euros. For just nothing. It could look funny that such cases still occur in the 21 sr century in Western Europe. I was promised a report on my case from the Professor but I’m still looking forward to enjoy it. This circus took places in a Hamburg 28.11.17. Think twice everyone. Not all the gold that glitters
Hospital accreditations of quality
Asklepios Barmbek was founded in 1913. The Hospital includes 19 departments and 5 multi-specialty centers.
Asklepios Barmbek is situated in Hamburg, 8 km away from the Rathausmarkt central square and 5 km away from the International Airport.
ADVANTAGES OF THE HOSPITAL
- It is focused on international patients. Asklepios Barmbek is recognized as No. 1 clinic in the world for foreigners. It ensures that medical tourists will feel comfortable in the Hospital and have full information about the treatment course.
- The advanced center for cancer treatment. Patients from all over the world visit Asklepios Barmbek to cure cancer. Here, oncologists apply the latest techniques: targeted therapy, interventional oncology (sparing operations), radiotherapy of tumors.
- Leading German doctors. Doctors of Asklepios Barmbek are regularly included in TOP 100 list of the best German specialists according to Focus magazine, the most authoritative medical edition in Germany.
- Safe treatment. The special committee works on the premises of the Clinic. It is responsible for the safety of the procedures. Each patient receives a unique bracelet to avoid confusion in prescribing medicines.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
No. 1 hospital in the rating of the Medical Travel Quality Alliance (MTQA)
Asklepios Barmbek takes the 1st place in the rating of MTQA, the International Medical Tourism Organization. MTQA representatives visit hospitals around the world and choose those that follow strict quality treatment standards.
TOP 100 of the best clinics in Germany according to the Focus magazine
Since 2012, the Hospital has been regularly including in the list of the 100 best medical centers in Germany among 2,000 applicants. Breast, prostate, colon cancers and Parkinson’s disease treatment are the strong points of the Hospital. The rating of the clinics is based on success rates, the quality of the equipment, doctors' qualifications, patients' reviews, and Bookimed doctors’ expert opinion. 15,000 doctors recommend Asklepios Barmbek.
DIN EN ISO 9001: 2015 Quality Certificate
This is the basic attestation of all Asklepios clinics. The document ensures that an independent ISO Quality Committee verifies the quality of services in the Hospital. It confirms that all procedures are performed under international standards, drugs and medical supplies are certified in the EU.
ASKLEPIOS BARMBEK IN FIGURES
ONCOLOGY AND ONCOHEMATOLOGY DEPARTMENT
The Department has the certificate of the German Cancer Society (DKG). Oncologists of the Department treat different types of cancer and have 15-20 years of experience. The medical equipment here complies with international quality standards.
16,000 patients receive treatment in the Department every year.
Oncologists specialize in the treatment of such diseases as:
- liver cancer
- lung cancer
- malignant tumors of the stomach, intestine, and pancreas
- colon neoplasms
- prostate, kidney, bladder, testicle cancers
- lymphoma, leukemia, multiple myeloma
- breast cancer
- uterus and ovaries tumors.
Multidisciplinary approach. What is it?
A medical team develops the treatment plan for Asklepios Barmbek patients. A team consists of several doctors: oncologist, surgeon, radiologist, and chemotherapy specialist. Together they prescribe the most effective and safe surgeries and medications. Such an approach helps to avoid medical error in comparison with the case when one doctor independently plans the treatment.
Council of physicians
Types of cancer therapy in Asklepios Barmbek
- Chemotherapy is the medication treatment of cancer. Undergoing chemotherapy, patients take pills or droppers. Such drugs effectively destroy malignant tissues, but also affect healthy ones — hair follicles, mucous membranes, and hematopoietic cells. This can cause such side effects as hair loss and discomfort in the gastrointestinal tract. Oncologists of Asklepios Barmbek select chemotherapy individually for each patient to reduce the occurrence of side effects.
- Target therapy is a modern drug treatment method. Target drugs affect precisely malignant cells, without damaging the healthy ones. That’s why side effects occur less frequently than after chemotherapy. Doctors prescribe targeted drugs for the treatment of breast and prostate cancer, melanoma, lymphoma, multiple myeloma.
- Multimodal therapy is a chemotherapy in combination with the surgery and/or radiotherapy. Oncologists apply this method to treat colon, pancreas, esophagus, stomach, lungs and breast cancers.
- Interventional oncology is a local effect on the tumor. Doctors use a catheter or needle to inject the drug directly into the vessels leading to cancer. Doctors destroy some neoplasms with the help of ultrasound, the source of which is fixed on the end of the needle. This allows accurately affecting the malignant cells without damaging the healthy ones. The method is used for the therapy of liver, large intestine, stomach, esophagus, breast cancers.
Doctors of the Department specialize in the surgical treatment of benign and malignant tumors.
Endoscopic operations through the body openings
Doctors perform endoscopic procedures to remove tumors and polyps in the gastrointestinal tract. The operations are minimally invasive, they are performed through the anus or esophagus. Due to the absence of incisions, a patient does not feel severe pain after the procedure. The recovery period takes 1-3 days.
Laparoscopic interventions through 1-3 cm punctures
Most of the operations at Asklepios Barmbek are laparoscopic. They are performed through small punctures up to 3 cm. Doctors use thin tools and a mini camera to remove the tumor accurately and not damage the surrounding tissues. Surgeons apply laparoscopy to remove hernias, neoplasms in the stomach and urogenital system.
VATS is the gold standard for lung cancer surgery
VATS is a video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery. Doctors remove the tumor through 1-2 punctures. It allows conducting the operation without the sternum opening. Surgeons watch the whole operation process on the monitor. It increases the accuracy of the procedure. VATS is prescribed in the early stages of lung cancer when the tumor does not spread beyond the organ.
Surgery in Asklepios Barmbek
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
- medical interpreter for an additional fee
- transfer from/to an airport
- accommodation in a single or double room
- meals according to a menu.
The hospital is ready to study medical records in the following languages:
What specialties in the hospital are the most demanded?
What treatments do patients most often ask for?
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7