experience: 37 years
Oral and maxillofacial surgeon
Dr. Werner Millesi is an internationally recognized specialist in oral, maxillofacial and facial surgery, including orthognathic surgery, tumor surgery, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic facial surgery and implantology. He has extensive experience as a specialist, including a doctorate in general medicine, specialist qualifications in dentistry and oral and maxillofacial medicine, senior doctor in a managerial position and a visiting professor at the University. He has also participated in numerous research projects, lectures and has been involved in several professional associations.
Dr. Werner Millesi is an internationally recognized specialist in oral, maxillofacial and facial surgery, including orthognathic surgery, tumor surgery, reconstructive surgery, aesthetic facial surgery and implantology. The area of maxillofacial and facial surgery is divided into the following areas: on the one hand, oral surgery includes all operations in the mouth and jaw that can be performed on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia (wisdom teeth, residues of the root of the tooth, resection of the root tip, jaw cysts , periodontal surgery, dental implantology). The main operations, which usually require general anesthesia and hospitalization, can be found in maxillofacial surgery. These include fracture management, surgical treatment of neoplastic diseases, treatment of improperly located jaws or malformations, such as cleft lips, jaw, palate and craniofacial anomalies, as well as aesthetic facial surgery.
• 1982 Doctorate in General Medicine at the University of Vienna.
• 1986 Specialist in dentistry, oral and maxillofacial medicine.
• 1989 specialist in oral, maxillofacial and facial surgery
• 1990 Senior doctor in a managerial position at the Maxillofacial Surgery Clinic of the University of Vienna.
• 1997 Licensed training in oral surgery, maxillofacial and facial surgery.
• 1997 "Hans Pichler Prize" from the Austrian Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• In 1997 he was awarded the title of “Visiting Professor at the University”.
• 2000 Director of the Institute of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and Dentistry at the Hitzing Hospital and the Rosenhugel Neurological Center.
• 2003 Doctor of Philosophy of Medicine
• 2008 awarded the professional title of "Professor of the University."
Education and science:
• 1983 Neurosurgical Clinic in Hanover, Germany (advice of Professor Dr. M. Samia)
• 1989 Department of Plastic Surgery (Supervisor: J. S. Gruss, M.D., B-Chir, FRCS C), Sunnybrook Medical Center, Toronto, Canada
• 1992 Cell and Tissue Culture Course at the Institute for Applied Cell Culture in Munich, Germany (Prof. Dr. T. Lindl)
• 1995 Manuel Jea González Hospital, F. Ortiz-Monasterio, Professor of Plastic Surgery, Mexico City, Mexico
• 1997 and 1998 Clinic of Plastic Surgery at the Marienhospital in Stuttgart, Germany, with Professor Dr. Gubisch, Professor Dr. Greulich, Professor, Dr. Wangerin
• 2002 “Thousand Smiles” Mission, San Jose, Costa Rica Hospital in Los Nino, Calderon La Guardia Hospital, University of Latin Costa Rica.
• 2005 and 2006 Austrian delegation in Sana'a, Yemen, Al-Tawra Hospital.
• 2006 Istituto per l´infanzia Burlo Garofolo, Trieste, Italy
More than 250 lectures at national and international congresses, more than 150 abstract and poster publications, training and organization of additional educational events, more than 150 publications in scientific journals.
Membership in associations:
• Austrian Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• Austrian Society of Surgery
• Austrian Society of Anomalies of cleft lip, jaw, palate and craniofacial anomaly
• Austrian Society of Dentistry, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
• European Association of Maxillofacial Surgery
• International Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
• International Academy of Oral Oncology
• International Society of Computer Surger
Who knows more about the doctor, amenities, and hospital staff than someone who has checked everything themselves? We collect the genuine experiences of our patients for you to make the best choice.
Each review belongs to a verified customer after getting medical services booked via Bookimed.com.
We publish positive and negative reviews, moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
Very good organisation and great doctors
I was very satisfied with the level of the doctor's consultation, I hope the treatment will also be effective, but the organization wants the best. I've been waiting for a written doctor's... Read more
Good afternoon, I liked everything! The doctor's consultation was online, everything went well!!
It was a nice experience. The doctors where very professionals.
It was OK
Online consultation. Things are good! Clearly and on time.
850 medical centers
100% verified reviews
No fees or hidden costs
Booking of airline tickets and accommodation