KCM Clinic was opened in 2011. It is located in the city of Jelenia Góra in 1-hour drive to Wroclaw and Prague.
Why do patients choose KCM for treatment?
- Package prices. The clinic provides package programs, which may include pick-up from/to the hotel, accommodation, hospitalization, and meals. Consult Bookimed coordinators about additional services.
- International patients coordination. Personal assistants help patients with comfortable diagnosis and treatment arrangements.
- Modern treatment methods. KCM doctors perform weight loss surgery with 3D visualization, ultrasonic liposuction, joint replacement with American Zimmer Biomet implants, endoscopic spinal surgery through several punctures.
- Partnership with American facilities. KCM Clinic collaborates with Stanford Health, which includes 150 medical centers. The collaboration helps doctors apply their knowledge and get new experience.
The Weight Loss Surgery Center at KCM is among very few in Europe where surgeons provide operations under the control of the Olympus technology 3D-visualization system. The system ensures a high-quality image so a doctor can quickly and accurately perform laparoscopic surgery through several small punctures.
Comprehensive Weight Loss Program
The program includes:
- the operation under 3D-visualization control — sleeve resection and mini gastric bypass surgery. Sleeve resection is the removal of a part of the stomach and the formation of a smaller volume organ from the remaining tissue. Mini gastric bypass is a reduction of the stomach in volume and its connection with the intestines.
- comprehensive preliminary diagnosis.
- transfer from the airport by car.
- hotel accommodation.
- individual weight loss plan for 7 weeks and weight maintenance program for 5 years.
Every six months, the clinic hosts the conference "Recent laparoscopic methods in bariatric surgery," where KCM doctors share knowledge with foreign colleagues.
Before-after bariatric surgery
KCM plastic surgeons provide reconstructive and cosmetic operations. Reconstructive plastic surgery is prescribed if a patient has had burns, surgeries, or injuries.
Among the procedures performed:
- skin lift, nose and ears correction
- nipple enlargement, lift, reduction, and correction
- tummy tuck, hips, and buttocks lift, correction of the hands;
- genital plastic surgery.
The key specialty here is ultrasonic liposuction. It is performed under local anesthesia. The procedure allows getting rid of a few centimeters of body fat. Ultrasonic vibration makes the skin even and smooth.
Before-after plastic surgery at KCM
KCM orthopedic surgeons are experts in knee and hip joint replacement. They have performed over 4,500 surgeries.
The procedures that are performed in the Orthopedic Department:
- Hip joint replacement with the Zimmer Biomet implants (USA). Doctors choose cemented or uncemented prosthesis individually to each patient.
- The prosthesis are made from polyethylene, titanium, ceramics.
- Knee replacement with Zimmer Biomet (USA). Doctors conduct a partial or full replacement for medical reasons.
- Shoulder, hip, and knee arthroscopy. Surgeons perform this intervention, either diagnostic or treatment purposes, through several small punctures up to 1-2 cm with a mini-camera.
- Cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Stem cell therapy is an advanced method of treatment when doctors inject stem cells to the affected joint. Stem cells have regeneration quality and develop new similar cells.
What does the comprehensive program include?
- detailed diagnostics
- accommodation at the partner hotel Accor Mercure 3*
- personal physiotherapist
- transfer from the airport and back
- personal coordinator in the clinic.
Minimally invasive spinal surgery is one of the key specialties of the medical center. KCM is the leader among European clinics by the number of endoscopic surgery (with means through small incisions) in the cervical spine. Doctors have carried out over 3,000 interventions so far.
Operations are performed with modern endoscopic equipment. It helps provide small punctures more precisely. Unlike large cuts, small ones have minimal risk of infection and bleeding, a short recovery period compared with a conventional approach.
Doctors specialize in:
- herniated disc removal
- vertebral disc decompression
- nucleoplasty by cold plasma
- artificial disc replacement
- vertebroplasty — treating cement injection to the fractures.
The package price of spinal treatment includes:
- minimally invasive surgery
- 1 day hospitalization at the center
- preoperative diagnosis
- meal and medicine at the hospitalization
- coordinator's assistance
- transfer between hotel and clinic.
What is the schedule of international patient treatment?
1 day — arrival at Copernicus Airport Wrocław, transfer to Jelenia Góra and check-in at the hotel.
2 day — coming at the clinic and detailed preoperative diagnosis.
3 day — surgery and hospitalization.
4 day — recovery and discharge if a doctor prescribes.
5-11 days — specialized rehabilitation and physiotherapy.
11 day — check-out from the hotel and transfer to the airport.
Doctor's operations are carried out with laparoscopic technique through small punctures in the lower abdomen no remaining extensive scars if compared with an open procedure.
The doctors of the Gyno Department specialize in:
- microsurgery of the ovaries and fallopian tubes
- endometriosis treatment
- fibroid removal
- hysterectomy (removal of the uterus)
- the prolapsed uterus or vagina treatment.