Manipal Goa Hospital
About the clinic
Goa Manipal Hospital is the largest medical center of the western Indian coast.
Manipal Goa specializes in oncology, neurology, neurosurgery, health checkup, orthopedics, and laparoscopy (minimally invasive surgery).
This hospital is the 1st private facility in the state to get certification for world-class standards of treatment.
IBM Watson, a computer program for choosing the most effective treatment method for cancer patients, is available in Goa Manipal Hospital.
|Comprehensive diagnosis of hepatitis C + drugs for 3 months of treatment||$3300|
hospital accreditation of quality
Manipal Goa Hospital: more details about the clinic
- Oncology Center
- Neurology and Neurosurgery Center
- Health Checkup
- Orthopedics Center
- Laparoscopic Surgery Center
Goa Manipal Hospital was established in 1994. The hospital is a part of Manipal Hospitals, leading Indian medical network. Manipal doctors have been providing medical care for 60 years.
2,000,000 international patients from 30 countries choose Manipal Hospitals annually.
Manipal Goa is situated in Panaji, the capital of the Indian state of Goa. The hospital is located at the Arabian seaside, a 5-minute walk from the beach and 30 km away from the International Airport.
Manipal Goa Hospital: benefits and figures
- Innovative technologies. The hospital is equipped with CT, MRI for accurate diagnosis, and a Versa HD beam unit for non-surgical treatment of tumors.
- 24/7 support. Some hospital units (operating room, diagnostic center, and blood bank) work around the clock to provide emergency assistance at any time.
- 2-5 times lower prices than in hospitals of Western Europe, Israel, and the USA. The low prices for treatment at Manipal Goa are determined by the level of country's economy and the low cost of medicines. At the same time, the quality of therapy complies with international standards. Doctors follow American protocols and use equipment produced by Elekta (Sweden) and Samsung (South Korea), the world's best manufacturers.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS OF MANIPAL GOA
ISO 9001: 2000 certification
Manipal Goa Hospital complies with international medical standards of ISO 9001: 2000 to provide high-quality treatment and hospital's staff medical care.
NABL (National Council for Accreditation of Testing and Calibration Laboratories of India) certificate confirms the accuracy of laboratory tests performed in the hospital.
Manipal Goa has the National Hospital Accreditation Board of India (NABH) certificate. This accreditation guarantees the use of new treatment methods and equipment, adherence to the recommendations of the National AIDS Control Organization (NACO), and the quality of blood banks.
Manipal Goa Cancer Center has been accepting patients with malignant diseases for over 20 years.
Several specialists (surgical, radiological, medical oncologists, and hematologist) develop the treatment plan to increase its effectiveness.
Manipal Goa is the only medical facility in the western coast of India to apply Watson for Oncology (cognitive computing system for cancer treatment).
IBM Watson is an artificial intelligence that makes recommendations for cancer treatment. The program analyzes current information on more than 15 million pages of medical publications, 200 textbooks, and 300 journals.
Watson for Oncology
IBM compares 25,000 medical histories and rare cases with the patient's case to receive a prognosis of recovery after each treatment method
The accuracy of IBM Watson for lung cancer treatment is 96%. This index is comparable with the medical council opinion.
Cancer treatment methods
Oncologists of Manipal Hospital Goa offer such modern cancer treatment methods as:
- Chemotherapy, immunotherapy and targeted therapy to increase the body's resistance and fight a specific type of malignant cells without harming healthy ones.
- Surgical removal of the tumor.
- Radiotherapy and radiosurgery with the Versa HD device to irradiate the tumor precisely adjusting to the patient's breathing.
- Bone marrow transplantation (BMT) to treat malignant diseases with autologous (patient’s own cells) and allogeneic (donor cells). The Manipal Goa hematologists cooperate with specialists of the University of Minnesota (USA) and interchange their experience.
Radiotherapy device at Manipal Goa
NEUROLOGY AND NEUROSURGERY CENTER
The Manipal Goa Neurology and Neurosurgery Center was founded in 1991.
600 inpatients and 4,200 outpatients choose Goa Manipal Hospital for neurological diseases treatment. Doctors perform 500 complex neurosurgical operations every year.
Doctors of the center specialize in the treatment of:
- poststroke conditions
- neuromuscular disorders
- multiple sclerosis
- spinal cord and brain injuries
- spinal decompression.
Medical checkup (general physical examination) is one of the primary specialties of Goa Manipal Hospital. Medical staff offer health check packages. They usually include all necessary diagnostic procedures. Checkups determine the patient's general health condition, disease at its early stage, and prevent possible complications.
Specialists of Goa Manipal Hospital carry out such full body checkup packages as:
- screening for women
- health check for men
- comprehensive tests for elderly people
- diabetes package
- cardiac diagnostic tests.
Health checkups help to save up money. They usually cost 2 times lower than the separate diagnostic procedures and give better outcomes to patients.
Patients with diseases and injuries of bones, joints, and muscles choose the Manipal Goa Orthopedics Center for diagnostics and treatment.
Goa Manipal Orthopedics Center is the state's 1st facility to provide sports trauma care and rehabilitation.
Orthopedic surgeons perform:
- total and partial knee, hip and shoulder replacements
- arthroplasty (operations through small incisions up to 1-3 cm)
- bones lengthening by Ilizarov apparatus.
LAPAROSCOPIC SURGERY CENTER
Manipal Goa specialists carry out laparoscopic surgeries (minimally invasive interventions through small incisions in the abdominal cavity). The doctor controls the process on the screen to prevent error.
The main advantages of the laparoscopic method are:
- faster recovery after the surgery compared to the open intervention
- minimal blood loss
- no scars remain.
Manipal Goa specialists perform laparoscopic surgery to remove the gallbladder, part of the intestine, kidney, malignant tumors in the abdominal cavity.
SERVICES FOR INTERNATIONAL PATIENTS
- transfers from/to an airport
- accommodation in a single or double room
Single room in Manipal Goa Hospital
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with a step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7