Are you looking for a hair transplant overseas to save your money without quality loss? Do you want to know what are the best places for hair transplant abroad? Keep reading, compare the offers and choose the best country to get a hair transplant.
This Top Hospitals Ranking is composed by the Bookimed medical team based on 346 clinics comparison. We've chosen the hospitals below according to the following criteria: 1) our patient reviews, 2) clinic success rates, 3) doctors' experience, and 4) innovations to provide high-quality care. This information is given by hospital representatives and under their responsibility.
The Ranking aims to provide patients with awareness material to make an informed decision about places of skilled inpatient care and isn't a call to action. The choice is yours.
You can also compare hair implant prices worldwide.
According to Bookimed patient opinion,
Top 5 places to get hair transplant abroad are:
If you wonder which country is best for hair transplant, see the rating below.
Why is Turkey the best place for a hair transplant overseas?
The medical tourism in Turkey might be on its pick due to huge government investments in medicine and competitive prices.
Approx. 800,000 inbound patients choose Turkey for treatment annually.
At least 100,000 of them choose Turkey as the best place for hair transplant in the world each year. And this number is increasing.
- Low cost. Turkey offers hair transplant 2-3 times lower than in the European countries and some Asian (such as South Korea or Thailand), and 5 times lower than in the USA. According to the provided data by partner clinics, the approx. cost of hair transplant in Turkey is $1,600, in South Korea — $3,900, in Thailand — $8,000, in Europe — $4,000-$9,000, in the USA — up to $15,000.
- High success rate. The Turkish clinics we cooperate with provide up to 98% of hair transplant success rate.
- Fast treatment arrangement. Turkey is among the best countries to get a hair transplant as soon as possible according to Bookimed version. The arrangement of the travel to Turkey might take only several days, if a patient needs to have a procedure immediately.
- All-inclusive packages. Turkish clinics offer the cost of the procedure which also includes a transfer, accommodation, language assistance, and special cosmetic care products. In most of the cases, the clinics in other countries provide the price that includes only the procedure, medical consumables, and doctor's fee.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Turkey here
Top places for hair transplant in Turkey according to Bookimed version:
If you look for some other places for a hair transplant abroad or want to go to Turkey, you can get a free consultation submitting a request on Bookimed page.
Why South Korea is among the best places for a hair transplant abroad?
About 50,000 international patients consider Korea as the best country for cosmetic surgery overseas, including hair transplant. It is the world capital for plastic surgeries regarding the number of performed operations and their quality.
- The world capital for cosmetic surgeries regarding the number of performed operations and their quality.
- Affordable prices. Korea offers more expensive medical services that Turkey (about $1,600) or India (approx. $1,300), but 2-3 times lower than the USA ($8,000-$15,000). So, South Korea is a great alternative place to get a hair transplant for American patients.
- Language barrier — a patient needs (who does not speak English) a language assistance.
- Package prices for a hair transplant is a rare option — transfer, interpreter's service, and accommodation are paid additionally.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in South Korea here
Best places to het hair transplant in South Korea according to Bookimed version
Why is Thailand among the best countries for a hair transplant overseas?
Thailand is also among popular countries to get cosmetic procedures abroad. According to ISAPS, about 150,000 such operations are performed annually. A lot of people also consider Thailand as the best country for hair transplant overseas.
As Thai clinics report, Thailand is a top destination among patients from the USA, Europe, the UAE, Canada, Australia.
- Vast experience of doctors. A lot of local citizens get plastic surgeries that allow Thai doctors achieving the excellence in this field. Moreover, the specialists improve their skills of performing hair transplant abroad and then implement new knowledge in Thailand.
- Affordable prices. Thailand offers reasonable hair plantation prices — they are about the same as in European countries or South Korea, but about 2-4 lower than in the USA (up to $15,000), Canada (about $16,000), Australia (up to $30,000). A lot of patients from these countries consider Thailand an alternative and the best place for a hair transplant in the world.
- Combination of treatment and rest. Thailand is not only a top destination for hair transplant but also is a world-renown resort. So a patient can stay for a vacation in this country after a hair transplant.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Thailand here
Top place to have hair transplant in Thailand according to Bookimed version
If you consider Thailand as the best places for a hair transplant overseas and want to book a clinic, you can submit a request.
Why Poland is among the best countries for a hair transplant abroad?
This country is less popular for hair plantation than Turkey or Thailand, for instance. However Polish medical facilities offer affordable prices and provide highly-qualitative procedures. Some of them conduct the best hair plantation in the world (for example, Dr. Turowski Hair Restoration Clinic). So, Poland is also included in Bookimed ranking of the best places for hair transplant.
- Best prices in Europe. Poland offers cheap costs of the medical procedure due to the general price policy within the country. The hair transplant operation here is about 20-40% lower than in the Western European countries.According to Bookimed partner clinics, the hair transplant price in Germany is $4,400, in Switzerland $9,000. Moreover, the accommodation and meals here are also cheap.
- Top techniques for a hair transplant. The most innovative ARTAS robot is used in Polish medical facilities to conduct a FUE hair transplant. It is a device to put hair grafts more accurately than in a manual way.
- Developed infrastructure. Poland is easy to reach country for a hair transplant almost from any other point of the world. There are a lot of low-cost flights that significantly decrease travel charges.
- Mild climate. There are no extremely high or low temperatures, so people will feel comfortable during the recovery after a hair transplant in this country.
- Such services as language assistance, transfer, accommodation are not included in the price and paid additionally.
See the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Poland here
Best places for hair plantation in Poland according to Bookimed version
If you consider Poland as the best places for a hair transplant overseas and want to book a clinic, submit a request.
Why is Lithuania among the best countries for a hair transplant abroad?
We have ranked Lithuania as the best country for hair transplant overseas due to its affordable prices and application of new technologies.
Worth noting that Lithuania is not very popular among international patients yet. However, this country is achieving excellent results in cosmetic surgery.
- Low costs. Hair transplant prices in Lithuania are among the lowest in Europe. It also concerns medical services, meals, accommodation.
- Low-cost flights within Europe. It may allow saving you much money on travel charges. For instance, the round-trip from London to Vilnius costs approx. $20-40, from Berlin to Vilnius about $35.
- Fast hair transplant arrangement. You can get a hair transplant in Lithuania within several days after the request on Bookimed.
- Limited number of hair transplant medical facilities.
- The country is not very popular among patients who want to get a hair transplant.
You can compare the best clinics and prices for a hair transplant in Lithuania here
This ranking combines the best places for hair transplant abroad according to Bookimed patient reviews. However, only a patient can decide which country is the best for hair transplant according to his/her preferences: budget, the location of a clinic, etc. But if you have any issues in choosing the best place to get a hair transplant in the world, feel free to ask Bookimed manager.
Ask Bookimed manager
Bookimed Men's Club is a place where you can find special offers, HOT deals, and discounts for aesthetic procedures. Share experience, get recommendations, read reviews.