1 hospital accreditations of quality
About Quironsalud Madrid
Quirónsalud Madrid is the top clinic in Spain and Europe, the largest among Quirónsalud centers by the annual number of patients served.
Specialization ― oncology, neurosurgery, heart surgery, plastic surgery, and IVF.
Quiron Madrid research team carries out studies in the treatment of cancer and neurodegenerative disorders (Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Huntington's diseases). There is an opportunity to be treated for free as a participant in clinical trials in case of meeting requirements.
BMT from Related Donor
Medical procedures Included
Bone marrow transplantation
Medical procedures Included
BMT from UnRelated Donor
Medical procedures Included
The cost is individual for each treatment program. To get a cost estimate and treatment program right for you, submit a request. It’s free and doesn’t oblige you to have a medical trip.
Your trust is our top concern, so these reviews are from real people like you. We collect feedback only from our customers after getting medical services in the facility booked via Bookimed.com.
We publish both positive and negative reviews for you to make the best choice. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
2 positive reviews on treatment in Quironsalud Madrid
1 negative reviews on treatment in Quironsalud Madrid
The doctor (Madero) didn’t even respond to our greetings when we entered his office. He didn’t even read correctly the medical report. He didn’t explained anything. He was doing things in a rush as if we didn’t have an appointment with him. He even left us in his office and went away. We were so frustrated after the consultation. Coming from Cameroon for this, was so disappointed.
Hospital accreditations of quality
Quirónsalud Madrid was founded in 2007. The hospital is located in a quiet suburb of Madrid ― Pozuelo de Alarcón, 20 km away from Adolfo Suárez Madrid-Barajas Airport.
Why do patients go to University Hospital Quironsalud Madrid for treatment?
- Powerful technologies. Among the advanced devices: 2 CT scanners with ultra-low radiation, 1 da Vinci Surgical System for operations through small punctures, 2 linear accelerators for precise tumor irradiation, 1 PET/CT scanner, 3 MRI machines.
- Personalized nutrition. A hospital's team designs an individual menu for patients who have medical indications. People with colorectal cancer or after a bowel resection are fed intravenously.
- Leadership. Doctors carry out the largest number of bone marrow transplants among private hospitals in Spain.
Department oncologists treat all cancer diagnoses. They individually select the methods of therapy and/or surgery to destroy the tumor and preserve the utmost of patient's quality of life.
Treatment with medications
The hospital provides treatment with the latest cancer drugs. Doctors carry out chemo-, targeted, and immunotherapy. Targeted drugs detect malignant among healthy ones and attack them. This approach reduces side effects compared with standard chemotherapy. Immunodrugs boost the immune system, and the body fights with the neoplasm by itself.
Oncologists carry out radiation therapy with the True Beam device. It adjusts the beam to the size and shape of the tumor, and the procedure doesn't affect healthy tissues.
Quiron Madrid surgeons specialize in the removal of tumors in the breast, urogenital system, stomach, intestines. The treating physician selects the most gentle method of surgery to remove the tumor and, if possible, preserve the organ.
Oncological surgeons use the Da Vinci robot, the most advanced surgical system for now. It removes the formation through several small punctures up to 1 cm (which is equal to a pencil diameter). After this operation, the patient recovers faster and easier in comparison with open surgery.
The department specializes in heart valve surgery, coronary artery bypass grafting, valve-sparing aortic root replacement.
Coronary artery bypass grafting
80% of the procedures are beating-heart coronary artery bypass surgery.
Surgeons provide surgery without artificial circulation. A doctor performs the intervention and doesn't use a special heart-lung tool for pumping blood. This approach allows avoiding complications related to blood coagulation.
Valve sparing aortic root replacement (David procedure)
This method aims to treat aortic root aneurysms. It allows saving the patient's aortic valve with replacing the impaired root and has reduced risk of stroke.
The Quirónsalud Madrid heart surgery team has provided the highest number of surgeries in Spain according to the hospital data.
Doctors of the department carry out surgical treatment of epilepsy, Parkinson's disease, spine disorders, brain tumors.
The Neurosurgery Department applies the latest developments in intraoperative control. It ensures maximum safety and effectiveness of interventions.
- The removal of brain tumors is provided with neuronavigation. The computer-assisted technologies allow surgeons to remove tumors accurately, not affecting healthy tissue.
- Based on medical necessity, doctors remove the malignant tumors in patients who remain conscious. This way of surgery prevents damage to speech, auditory, and visual functions.
- Skull and brain have no nerve endings which are located in the skin. Skin is previously anesthetized. And the surgery is painless for a person.
- O-Arm system is used for spinal surgery. It transmits the 3D image of the damaged area to the monitor, so the surgeon sees the location of the surgical instruments with millimeter accuracy ― which makes doctor's movements maximally precise.
Doctors are experts in body&facial plastic surgery and reconstructive surgery.
Doctors carry out:
- breast enlargement and reduction
- nipple correction
- plastic surgery of the nose, ears, eyelids, and chin
- pediatric plastic surgery
- burns and scars treatments.
The success rate of fertilization depends on the age of the mother. University Hospital Quironsalud Madrid shows the following indexes: 60% of females under the age of 34 are pregnant after IVF, 35% ― women under 39, less than 30% ― women older than 40 years.
Quironsalud reproductology specialists conduct:
- artificial insemination
- IVF with a donor egg in women older than 40 years.
- preimplantation genetic diagnosis (PGD).
All patients stay in single wards. Quironsalud Madrid has standard and VIP rooms.
Each room has:
- Private bathroom
- phone, TV, and Wi-Fi
- adjustable bed
- nurse call button
- sofa bed for an accompanying caregiver.
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7