30 years of experience
Doctor speaks English, Hebrew
Dr. Shimon Reif is among best gastroenterologists in Israel who treats children. Dr. Reif serves as the WHO expert in the development of protocols for diagnostic/treatment of children with the digestive tract conditions. Heads the Pediatric Dpt at Hadassah Medical Center.
Doctor Shimon Reif’s expertise is in pediatric liver&GI tract illnesses.
- Since 2012 — Head of the Department of Pediatrics at Hadassah Medical Center
- 1996-2012 — Senior Physician → Head of the Pediatric Gastroenterology Unit at the Dana-Dwek Children's Hospital at the Tel Aviv Sourasky Medical Center
- 1993-1996 — Head of the Gastroenterology Unit at the Pediatric Department at Wolfson Medical Center.
- 1973-1980 — The Medical Faculty at the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology — Degree in general medicine
- 1987 — The Sackler Faculty of Medicine in Tel Aviv University (Israel) — Specialty in pediatrics
- 1994 — The Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo (USA) — Specialty in pediatric gastroenterology.
Dr. Reif provides studies of chronic liver disease treatment. He is co-author of the novel method of non-malignant disease treatment with renin-angiotensin system (RAS) patented in the USA. Dr. Shimon Reif is an author of 50 research articles devoted to gastrointestinal tract and liver conditions in children.
Membership in organizations
- The Israeli Pediatric Association
- The Israeli Medical Association
- The American Gastroenterological Association
- The American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases
- The American Medical Association
- The European Society for Paediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
Who can tell more about the doctor, amenities, and hospital staff than someone who checked everything themselves? We collect the genuine experience of our patients for you to make the best choice.
Each review belongs to a verified customer after getting medical services booked via Bookimed.com.
We publish positive and negative reviews moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.