Istinye Liv Hospital is located on the Bosphorus coast 40 minutes drive from the Istanbul New Airport.
2,700 international patients choose Istinye Liv for treatment annually.
Benefits of Istinye Liv
- Multispecialty hospital. Doctors of different specialties provide health care at Istinye. The patient gets the right doctor who is specialized in their medical issue, makes the correct diagnosis, and prescribes the relevant treatment.
- University hospital. The Istinye treatment approach is a combination of Liv Hospital doctors' experience and university research activities. As a result, Istinye specialists accept patients even with the most difficult cases and conditions.
- The comfortable stay. Each patient gets 5-star services and accommodation.
Istinye University Liv Hospital in figures
Doctors of the Oncology Department accept children and adults.
PET-CT is available here for an accurate diagnosing and individual treatment plan development. Using PET-CT, doctors can detect even the smallest tumors up to 1 mm in size.
The Istinye oncologists carry out such cancer treatments as:
This method is considered the most minimally invasive — the operation is performed through small incisions of 0.5-5 cm. In contrast, an open intervention requires the 10-15 cm incision.
Laparoscopy minimizes the damage of healthy tissues and blood loss, so the patient recovers faster than after open surgery.
The Istinye Liv oncologists apply chemotherapy for comprehensive cancer treatment. There are such types of chemo as:
- neoadjuvant — prescribed before radiation therapy or surgery to remove the tumor
- adjuvant — used after the surgery or radiotherapy.
Radiation therapy is used for benign and malignant tumors treatment with ionizing radiation. It destroys cancer cells and therefore stops the development of the disease.
Radiotherapy is prescribed both independently and in combination with other cancer treatment methods.
Radiofrequency ablation (RFA)
RFA affects the tumor with a high temperature of radiofrequency waves. During the procedure, the doctor uses an ultrasound or CT scan to accurately direct the radiofrequency waves and not damage the healthy tissues.
Radiofrequency ablation is used to treat small neoplasms up to 3 cm in bones, lungs, liver, kidneys, adrenal glands, and prostate gland.
This cancer treatment method stimulates the immune system to fight the tumor, so the body can recognize cancer cells and destroy them.
According to the hospital data, immunotherapy is the most effective for Hodgkin's lymphoma, melanoma, neck tumors, lungs, breast, kidney, and bladder treatment. Immunotherapy does not cause side effects compared with chemotherapy.
Neurosurgeons accept patients with spinal cord, brain, and peripheral nervous system disorders. To make the operations as safe and effective as possible, doctors use:
- neuronavigation — the computer technologies that allow the surgeon to control the movements of tools with an accuracy of 1 mm;
- neuromonitoring — a computerized system that allows not to affect the brain functions.
For operations on the brain and spinal cord, doctors perform microsurgery, an intervention enlarging and illuminating the operated area that allows minimizing the risk of bleeding.
The Istinye specialists perform organ transplants for adults and children. They carry out liver and kidney transplant operations along with complex interventions like simultaneous transplantation of several organs.
The Organ Transplant Department is headed by Professor Ayhan Dinсkan who performed more than 1,000 liver transplants and 5,000 kidney transplants in children and adults. The success rate of the donor organ acceptance is 91.7%, as Istinye Liv Hospital reports.
The Istinye urologists conduct surgical treatment of urolithiasis (stones), cysts, acute renal failure, prostate diseases and congenital malformations of the urinary system. Doctors accept adults and children for treatment.