La Madonnina Clinic
About the clinic
La Madonnina Clinic is a multidisciplinary medical facility in the center of Milan (Italy). The hospital works on the premises of San Donato Network, the country's largest medical group.
La Madonnina Hospital specializes in medical checkup (comprehensive examination of the body), obesity treatment and plastic surgery.
La Madonnina is a premium class hospital, where medical staff pays particular attention to a comfortable patient stay.
The clinic provides treatment for the most famous people in Italy. Among them are multi-billionaire Silvio Berlusconi and players of the Milan football club.
La Madonnina Clinic: more details about the clinic
La Madonnina Private Hospital was founded in 1975. The hospital is part of San Donato, the most extensive Italian medical network. San Donato accepts over 4,000,000 patients annually.
LA MADONNINA HOSPITAL: BENEFITS AND STATISTICS
- Leading Italian doctors. San Donato best specialists with 20-year experience treat patients at La Madonnina. Doctors are the members of numerous medical organizations and authors of unique treatment methods.
- New diagnostic equipment. La Madonnina has a 64-section CT scan (computed tomography scanner) for an accurate examination of the brain, vessels, bones, and MRI 1.5 Tesla of the open type for people with claustrophobia and overweight diagnosing.
- VIP service. Each patient chooses an individual menu according to their preferences. All dishes are prepared in the restaurant on the territory of the hospital.
La Madonnina offers 3 types of health screening:
- Basic check-up includes diagnostic tests, lab analysis, 4-6 consultations with particular specialists. This check-up package helps to examine the general health condition and functioning of the principal organs and systems.
- The mini check-up is a shortened program that combines examinations for a particular group of organs or system — for example, cardiovascular system screening, female reproductive system or breast exam, male genital system check-up.
- Personalized check-up. The doctor develops this diagnostic program individually for each patient taking into account their pathologies (for example, diabetes or obesity).
Check-up lasts 1-2 days depending on the number of procedures.
La Madonnina doctors specialize in the obesity treatment in patients with endocrine and metabolic disorders.
They apply such surgical techniques and the latest developments as:
Elipse intragastric balloon
This is a particular cylinder filled with liquid. Doctors temporarily place it in the patient's stomach. Elipse reduces the stomach volume, and a patient eats less food in one sitting.
The balloon insertion does not require any incisions and anesthesia. Doctors put the balloon endoscopically and fill it with the liquid in the stomach.
The procedure is outpatient and takes only 10 minutes.
After the balloon insertion, a patient receives scales synchronized with the smartphone app via Bluetooth. The application allows a person together with doctor tracking the result of weight loss.
- indication for insertion — body mass index (BMI) is 30-40
- balloon time-of-use — 4 months
- weight loss program duration — 6 months. Except for the insertion and removal of the balloon, the program includes working out with nutritionists and psychologists through a mobile app.
Orbera-365 intragastric balloon
This weight loss method is the most popular in the world today. Over 280,000 Orbera systems are sold.
Orbera-365 does not require surgery and anesthesia. The balloon is inserted endoscopically.
- indication for insertion — body mass index (BMI) is 27-50
- treatment duration — 12 months. During this time, a patient also works with nutritionists and psychologists.
The La Madonnina plastic surgeons team consists of leading Italian specialists in face, breast, abdomen and thighs surgeries.
Doctors use a computer model to achieve better results. This also allows patients to see the result of the procedure before the surgery and make changes in the program if necessary.
LA MADONNINA SERVICES FOR PATIENTS
A transfer from the airport is paid additionally.
A patient chooses a hospital room according to their preferences. Rooms are equipped with air conditioning, TV, safe, and free Wi-Fi.
The patient's family member can stay in the same room with a patient.
Single room at La Madonnina Medical Center
Requirements for admission
- We find a medical coordinator familiar with the matter
- You get a personal offer with a step-by-step guide and the cost estimate
- We arrange your travel including appointment scheduling and flights booking
- You arrive at the hospital, we support you 24/7