Discover the Best Clinics and Costs for Lung transplant in India 2024
3 Recent Lung transplant Reviews in India: Check Real Patient Experience
Lung transplant Overview in India
During this surgery, a sick heart is replaces with a donor"s healthy one to preserve patient"s life and improve its quality.
The procedure replaces diseased heart and lungs with healthy ones, enhancing life quality and longevity.
- Bookimed services are free for patients.
- No extra fees, Pay only according to the clinic's bills.
- The price for medical services is the same as going directly to the clinic.
- Exclusive discounts can be provided for Bookimed patients.
- 100% secure payment process
Day 1 - Arrival
- Arrive at the hospital for admission.
- Meet the transplant coordinator and team.
- Review overall health status and transplant plan.
Day 2 - Pre-operation
- Consult with a pulmonologist and cardiologist.
- Undergo comprehensive tests including chest X-ray and CT scan.
- Meet with a dietitian and social worker.
Day 3 - Pre-operation
- Undergo further tests including blood tests and lung function tests.
- Prepare for surgery, including fasting and showering with antiseptic soap.
Day 4 - Lung Transplant
- Proceed to the operating room.
- General anesthesia is administered.
- The surgery, taking approximately 4-8 hours, commences.
Day 5 - Post-operation
- Wake up in intensive care unit for monitoring.
- Start physical therapy and breathing exercises.
Week 1-2 - Post-operation
- Shift to the general ward from ICU.
- Monitor for signs of infection or organ rejection.
- Continue physical therapy and breathing exercises.
Week 3-6 - Rehabilitation
- Discharge from hospital, with regular follow-up appointments.
- Start outpatient rehabilitation program.
Week 7-12 - Rehabilitation
- Continue outpatient rehabilitation.
- Gradually return to normal activities.
Week 13 onwards - Long term care
- Resume work and normal activities, based on doctor"s advice.
- Regular follow-up with the transplant team.
Remember, each patient"s journey is individual and timelines may vary.
How much is Lung transplant cost in India? Find Out Nowupdated 2/26/2024
|United States of America
|The total cost is calculated individually. It may range depending on your medical issue, doctor's qualification, procedure complexity and related complications (if they occur). You’ll get the exact price for a plastic surgery procedure after a consultation with a doctor.
You can send us any of these diagnostic results: Revision of MRI results, Consultation with creation of treatment plan, HLA-typing, DNA testing, etc. The doctor will analyze the MRI imaging, treatment plan, HLA typing results, and DNA analysis results.
➜ Gleneagles Global Hospital is one of the best medical institutions in India. The hospital is included in Top-3 multi-specialty medical facilities in India according to The Times newspaper.
➜ Global is world’s famous center due to highly skilled doctors specialized in the lung transplant in India. Surgeons show excellent results in this field. Among them are:
- Dr. Sandeep Attawar with over 21 years of experience. His field of expertise is cardiothoracic operations. Over his career he has participated in more than 10,000 surgeries with 85-90% success rate including lung transplants.
- Dr. Rahul Chandola is Indian heart and lung transplant expert with more than 20 years of experience and over 100 performed heart and lung replacements.
- Dr. Govini Balasubramani cardiothoracic surgeon in India. Under his belt over 15 years of experience and 98 successful transplants.
|$90000 - $97000
Global Hospital Mumbai is a private multidisciplinary clinic in India. The hospital is a part of Gleneagles Global Hospitals Group.
The hospital specializes in robotic surgery, gastroenterology, orthopedics, bariatrics (treatment of obesity), and organ transplants.
Global Hospital Mumbai is the 1st facility in the world to transplant the liver simultaneously with the surgical treatment of spinal tuberculosis, and the 1st to perform the combined kidney-liver transplant in Western India.
|$90000 - $97000
BGS Global Hospital is a private multidisciplinary hospital in Bangalore, India, specialized in oncology, neurosurgery, and hepatology. For cancer treatment, this hospital uses the last version of radiotherapy equipment, such as TrueBeam STx that accurately irradiates a tumor even in hard-to-reach areas.
Annually, Global Hospital Bengaluru gives treatment for over 53,000 patients. Doctors of this hospital have performed more than 30,000 operations.
|$90000 - $97000
Your Medical Travel Guide: Essential Tips and Advice
For citizens of other countries — please visit ivisa.com to find more details on entry requirements to India.
Transfer: some clinics offer an airport-clinic-airport transfer.
Get a Medical Assessment for Lung transplant in India: Consult with 1 Experienced Doctor Now
FAQ about Lung transplant in India
Features of a lung transplant in India
As of now, India is the only place where transplantation of organs from non-related donors is permitted by law. In other countries, it is either illegal or requires a citizenship. Donors are deceased people with ceased brain functions whose relatives gave their permission to use their organs for transplants.
Foreign patients and India citizens are positioned in the same queue, meaning an absence of preferences and shorter waiting period for international recipients. This also reduces the duration of patient’s stay in a hospital.
The lung transplant consists of 4 stages:
- Establishing connection. Contact the clinic via Bookimed to receive guidance through the process of preparing paperwork and contacting a clinic.
- Preoperative examination. Blood tests, medical documents review and psychological evaluation of a patient aimed to assess the eligibility for being placed on the waitlist.
- Transplant process. The operation takes from 6 to 12 hours, depending on its type and patient’s condition. A patient is under general anesthesia.
- Postoperative rehabilitation. A patient recovers in the hospital for 4-8 weeks. During this period a patient will be closely monitored and further recommendations considering follow-up care composed.
Lung transplant cost in India
The following factors influence the lung transplant cost in india:
- operation type: partial, single, double transplant, or combined double and heart transplant;
- urgency (it is possible to order a chartered flight to deliver organs if they were allocated too far away);
- patient’s condition;
- duration of stay in a guest house;
- duration of rehabilitation.
Lungs transplant cost in Delhi will be higher than lung transplant cost in Chennai since the former has a much bigger population and better economics. Despite the low price, service quality and doctor’s qualifications in India are as high as those in Israel and Germany. Only the most qualified surgeons with no less than 15 years of experience are permitted to participate in the procedure.
How to choose lungs transplant hospital in India
When choosing a clinic for operation, make sure you take into account following important points:
- Accreditation. Confirm that the clinic you’re applying to has at least one local or international certification. Certified hospitals work in accordance with world’s highest standards, provide the best quality services. Among these certificates are JCI (Joint Community International, controls the quality and safety of medical service), ISO (International Organization for Standardization, provides general quality certification), NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals), etc.
- Transplantation team experience. It consists of the main transplant surgeon, who is responsible for operation success. Learn about transplantologist qualifications, patient reviews, and medical degrees.Indian transplant surgeons are among the best in the world. They have over 15 years of experience and above 90% success rate.
- Information provided by other patients. Seek for the previous patient reviews considering treatment efficiency, service quality and overall satisfaction by the hospital.
If you have any issues or doubts considering and choosing the most suitable hospital, submit a request to Bookimed and our Medical Doctor Coordinator will provide you with detailed information about the procedure and hospitals.
3 Recent Lung transplant Reviews in India: Check Real Patient Experience
Bookimed editorial policy
As the leading global medical tourism platform, Bookimed.com takes the responsibility to provide reliable information to its clients, both patients, and medical centers, interested in Lung transplant in India. All the information provided on Bookimed.com is grounded in research, foresight, and expertise and meets high interest related to the product and follows:
We form our listings of clinics and doctors in India for Lung transplant with strict regulations of our smart automatic ranking system. The system is based on real Bookimed patient rates to provide the most objective and transparent information about clinics and medical services there.
Our experienced data scientist collects data daily, monitors and optimizes the ranking system using machine learning and artificial intelligence to ensure that the ranking system is up-to-date and provides accurate results.
We collect the opinions of Bookimed clients only after getting medical experience with the clinic in India for Lung transplant — so everyone on the platform can trust the facility they choose. We strive to make the content on our platform as useful as possible and ensure the freedom to express critical opinions. Thus, we publish positive and negative reviews, aiming at being a source for informed decision-making for our future clients.
Topics with high levels of expertise, authority, and trustworthiness
On Bookimed.com, you may find choice and convenience to find the best medical solutions for Lung transplant in India from top medical services providers just in one place, and often at competitive prices. Making sure to deliver the freshest information, the clinic’s representatives update doctors’ CVs, clinics’ capacities, before-after pictures, prices, packages, and specials by themselves shortly. You may meet the clinic’s representative and check the date of updated content at every clinic’s page to make sure of its trustworthiness.
Our blog and supportive pieces are created by professional authors with at least 3-year experience in medical writing and edited by medical specialists with relevant clinical and research expertise — all carefully recruited to the team. We strive to enhance patient access to health information, making it expert but easy to understand. All pieces follow the Bookimed’s Editorial Guidelines.
We are made of people and for people — and that"s our core value. That"s why all the data presented on the platform is collected, edited, reviewed, and updated regularly by our patients, our partner clinics in India for Lung transplant, and our team, including the Bookimed Medical Advisory Board, which consists of the world-renowned doctors with value expertise over 20 years of practice, and a positive reputation. Learn more about us and our mission.
In case you find any mistake or have any questions on the information presented on Bookimed.com regarding Lung transplant in India, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.