What are breast augmentation surgery types?
- Enhanced Aesthetics. Breast augmentation with implants can significantly improve the shape, size, and symmetry of the breasts, leading to an enhanced overall appearance.
- Increased Confidence. Many women find that a breast enlargement can boost their self-esteem and body image.
- Long-lasting Results. Unlike non-surgical methods like breast enhancement creams or pills, breast implants offer a long-term solution (10-15 years or more) to increasing breast size.
- Variety of Options. There are many types of implants available (such as saline, silicone, gummy bear), allowing for customization based on individual preferences and needs.
- Combined Procedures. It can be combined with other procedures like a breast lift with implants for even better results.
- Immediate Results. The breast size increase is immediately noticeable after the breast plastic surgery.
- Surgical Risks. As with any surgery, breast augmentation has risks, such as infection, bleeding, or adverse reaction to anesthesia.
- Possibility of Complications. There is a chance for complications such as capsular contracture (hardening of the area around the implant), rupture or leakage of the implant requiring additional surgeries.
- Maintenance. Breast implants are not lifetime devices and may require replacement after a certain period (10-15 years on average).
- Cost. Compared to non-surgical methods, cosmetic breast surgery like augmentation mammaplasty is more expensive and often not covered by insurance.
- Recovery Time. After a boob job, you may need to avoid strenuous activities for about 4-6 weeks, and it may take several weeks to months for the swelling to completely go down and for the implants to settle into their final position.
- Possible Interference with Mammograms. Breast implants can sometimes make it harder to read mammograms and may require additional, specialized views.
Fat transfer augmentation
- Natural Look and Feel. Unlike silicone or saline implants, fat transfer augmentation uses your own fat to increase breast size, resulting in a more natural look and feel.
- Minimally Invasive. This procedure involves liposuction to extract fat from other parts of your body, which is less invasive than implant surgery.
- Dual Benefits. The procedure offers dual benefits as it removes unwanted fat from areas like the abdomen, thighs, or hips and uses it for breast enlargement.
- No Risk of Allergic Reaction. Since your own body fat is used, there's no risk of an allergic reaction, as can occur with artificial implants.
- No Scarring. Unlike traditional breast augmentation or boob job involving incisions, fat transfer leaves minimal scarring, as it's completed via small incisions used for liposuction.
- Short Recovery Period. The recovery period is generally shorter than for implant surgery, usually around 2 weeks.
- Limited Size Increase. This procedure typically allows for a modest breast size increase, usually one cup size. Women seeking a larger augmentation may need to consider implants.
- Multiple Procedures. Some women may require multiple procedures to reach their desired breast size, since not all transferred fat cells will survive.
- Temporary Swelling. Post-procedure, patients may experience temporary swelling in both the breast and liposuction areas, which may last for few weeks.
- Uncertainty of Fat Survival. Not all transferred fat cells will survive, leading to uncertainty about the final result.
- Potential for Fat Reabsorption. Over time, the body may reabsorb some of the transferred fat, potentially reducing the final breast size.
- Recovery Restrictions. Post-procedure, patients must avoid pressure on the augmented area for about 2 weeks to ensure survival of the transferred fat cells.
- Potential for Fat Necrosis. This is a rare complication where fat cells die after transfer, leading to hard lumps in the breast.
- Comparatively Expensive. As compared to traditional breast implant surgery, breast augmentation with fat transfer can be more expensive, due to the dual nature of the process (liposuction and breast enhancement).
What is Breast augmentation?
Breast augmentation is a surgical procedure aimed at enhancing the size and shape of a woman's breasts. It is typically done through the insertion of implants – silicone gel implants or saline-filled implants – underneath the breast tissue or chest muscles. Breast augmentation can also involve fat grafting, where fat is removed from one part of the body and injected into the breasts.
What is the cost of breast enhancement in Turkey?
The cost of breast augmentation varies, it can be as low as 3900$ or as high as 7490$. However, there are offers available which can reduce the price to 6990$ if you book early.
What are the inclusive services in the cost?
The cost includes the full treatment plan, nursing service charge, doctor and operating room fees, hotel accommodation, airport pickup and drop-off, preoperative tests, medical equipment, and medications related to the procedure. It also includes the stay of 1 accompanying person in the patient's room.
How long would I need to stay for the procedure?
You would need to stay for around 8-10 days for the full treatment plan.
What types of breast implants are used for the procedure?
After the removal of the mammary glands, only teardrop-shaped implants can be used. The size of the expected breast will be determined using an implant measuring device and a special bra.
What precautions should I take before surgery?
You should stop smoking at least two weeks before the operation and refrain from eating or drinking for 8 hours before the operation. If you have Hepatitis B or C, please inform in advance. Patients with HIV or AIDS are not accepted.
What kind of support is provided after the operation?
After the operation, you will receive the implant passport and a warranty certificate for the implant. Also, post-operative care in the clinic, follow-up examinations, medications, and compression garments are included in the cost.
How many nights would I need to stay in the hospital after the operation?
One night of hospitalization after the operation is required, with three meals provided.
Are there any other breast augmentation procedures included in the cost?
The cost of the breast augmentation procedure does not include any other procedures. But if you want to include other treatments like Upper Eyelid treatment, Botox, Filler for lips or dental procedures such as Zirconium Crown or Emax Crown, the total cost would be different.
Is there a consultation with the doctor before the breast enlargement?
Yes, a detailed consultation with the doctor and fitting of implants will be done a day before the operation.
Are anesthesia costs included in the total cost?
Yes, the costs for general anesthesia and a consultation with an anesthesiologist are included in the total cost.
Why do people go to Turkey/Istanbul for breast surgery procedures?
People choose Turkey, especially Istanbul, for breast augmentation due to several reasons:
- Affordable costs: The cost of breast augmentation in Turkey is considerably lower compared to other countries, without compromising the quality of care.
- Experienced surgeons: Turkish plastic surgeons are renowned for their skills and expertise in various breast augmentation techniques.
- High standard of care: Medical facilities in Turkey are accredited by globally recognized bodies such as the Joint Commission International, ensuring high standards of care.
- Comprehensive packages: Clinics in Turkey typically offer comprehensive packages that include the surgery, hospital stay, post-operative care, and even accommodation and transfers.
What methods are used in boob job (give at least 3 options with descriptions)?
Three main methods are used in breast augmentation:
- Breast Implants: This involves inserting implants – such as silicone gel implants, saline implants, or shaped implants like round implant or teardrop implants – under the breast tissue or chest muscles. Silicone gel implants are popular because they feel more like natural breast tissue.
- Fat Transfer: In this method, fat is taken from one part of the patient's body and injected into the breasts. It is a natural alternative to implants but may require multiple sessions to achieve the desired result.
- Composite Breast Augmentation: This technique combines fat transfer with the use of implants for a more natural-looking outcome.
How do you get ready for mammoplasty?
Getting ready for breast augmentation involves:
- Physical examination and medical history review
- Laboratory tests
- Mammogram or breast ultrasound
- Avoiding certain medications like aspirin and anti-inflammatory drugs that can increase bleeding
- Quitting smoking
What care is needed after breast enlargement?
Post-operative care after breast augmentation, often referred to as the breast augmentation recovery, includes:
- Taking prescribed medications to manage pain and prevent infections
- Wearing a supportive bra to minimize swelling and support the breasts as they heal
- Attending follow-up appointments for wound check and removal of stitches
- Avoiding strenuous activities until fully healed
What are the possible risks with breast implants?
Possible risks with breast augmentation include:
- Capsular contracture: This occurs when the scar tissue around the implant forms a tight capsule that can make the breast feel hard.
- Changes in nipple or breast sensation
- Implant leakage or rupture
- Unsatisfactory results such as asymmetry or incorrect size
Are there different methods to make boobs bigger? How do they compare?
Yes, there are various methods of breast augmentation, each with its pros and cons. Implants are long-lasting and provide a predictable result; however, they carry a risk of capsular contracture and implant rupture. Fat transfer offers a natural result, but the amount of augmentation is limited, and multiple sessions may be required. Composite breast augmentation combines the benefits of both methods.
Who should you consider breast enhancement?
Women who are unhappy with the size, shape, or symmetry of their breasts can consider breast augmentation. It's also a good option for those who have lost volume due to aging, weight loss, or pregnancy, leading to sagging breasts.
When is a good time to get breast enlargement surgery?
The best time to get breast augmentation is when a woman is in good health, has realistic expectations about the outcomes, and is emotionally ready for the changes. It's also advisable to schedule the procedure when one can take adequate time off for the healing process.
Do clinics offer a check-up before breast augmentation?
Yes, before proceeding with breast augmentation, clinics typically conduct a comprehensive health check-up, including a physical examination, review of medical history, and necessary laboratory tests.
What's included in the boob job package in Turkey?
A breast augmentation package in Turkey often includes:
- The surgical procedure
- Hospital stay
- Pre-operative tests and post-operative care
- Medications related to the procedure
- Compression garment
- Hotel accommodation
- Airport transfer
What other treatments do clinics in Turkey offer besides breast augmentation?
Besides breast augmentation, clinics in Turkey offer a wide range of treatments in several specialties, including but not limited to:
- Other cosmetic surgeries such as liposuction, rhinoplasty, and tummy tuck
- Dental procedures like crown fitting and veneers
- Eye surgeries including upper eyelid surgery
- Non-surgical treatments like Botox and lip fillers
What qualifications should the surgeon have?
An ideal breast augmentation surgeon should have:
- A medical degree from a recognized institution
- Specialized training in plastic surgery
- Board certification from a reputable body
- Extensive experience in performing breast augmentation surgeries
What awards should a good clinic have?
A good clinic should ideally have accreditations and awards from recognized bodies such as the International Organization for Standardization, Joint Commission International, and European Foundation for Quality Management. Other notable recognitions include the IMTJ Medical Travel Award, Global Healthcare Accreditation Program, and rankings in the World's Best Hospitals list by Newsweek. Awards in specific categories like Plastic Surgery or Patient Choice also add credibility.