Thousands of people prefer having plastic surgery abroad due to the following reasons:
- New technologies unavailable at home. Some plastic surgery centers apply exclusive techniques to achieve the best result. For instance, Spider Web facelift that shows immediate result or non-traumatic liposuction methods that do not leave scars or hematomas.
- Experienced doctors. The plastic surgery around the world gives a possibility to choose the best specialist who has practiced in the leading world cosmetic surgery centers and performed thousands of the procedures.
- Lower prices. Plastic surgery in some countries may be much cheaper than in your own, but the quality of the procedures will be the same or higher. For instance, the cost of plastic surgery in the Czech Republic will be one of the lowest in Europe due to the general price quality in this country. The prices for plastic procedures in Turkey are 2-4 times lower than in Europe or the USA.
Bookimed International Patients Support Center cooperates with the best plastic surgery clinics. We have already helped over 730,000 international patients, that is why we know all features about each country and plastic surgery clinic we cooperate with. Submit a request, and together we will choose the most adequate option regarding your preferences and budget.
Bookimed services do not affect the price for plastic surgery procedures. You pay the bill right in the chosen cosmetic surgery clinic.
Costs of plastic surgery procedures
|Hair transplant||$750 - $20000|
|Rhinoplasty (nose job)||$850 - $16700|
|Liposuction||$320 - $26100|
|Breast augmentation||$1350 - $20700|
|Facelift surgery||$80 - $24700|
|Tummy tuck||$1000 - $24600|
|Blepharoplasty (Eyelid correction)||$490 - $12500|
|Breast reduction||$1450 - $22200|
|FUE hair transplant||$920 - $20000|
|Gynecomastia surgery||$640 - $10400|
362 Plastic Surgery Clinics Worldwide Found
The hospitals ranking is based on 18467 requests, 756 patient reviews, prices, and information from 362 clinics
What is Bookimed?
What is plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery is a surgical specialty that allows reconstructing, restores, or changes the human body. Plastic surgery unites two subspecialties:
- Reconstructive plastic surgery. It is done when a patient needs to reconstruct some body parts caused by trauma, diseases, tumors, congenital deformities. Reconstructive surgery allows to restore/improve the functioning of some parts of the body and appearance.
- Cosmetic plastic surgery. It is carried out when a patient needs only to improve the appearance not body parts structure or their functioning.
What indications are for plastic surgery?
Indications for plastic surgery depends on the case. However, there are general signs when a procedure is indicated:
- correct cosmetic defects caused by age changes
- improve body contour
- get rid of excess fat
- enlarge or reduce some parts of the body
- improve the functioning or esthetic look of some parts of the body caused by diseases or trauma.
If you have any medical issues, get a consultation with a doctor to decide whether plastic surgery is a proper option for you.
When plastic surgery is contraindicated?
Performing of plastic surgery can be limited or canceled if a patient has some contraindications. The most common are:
- Oncological diseases. When plastic surgery is processed, malignant cells can be replaced by accident and cause cancer spread. Also, the risk of clotting is increased.
- Diabetes. In the case of diabetes, the blood supply is reduced, which can lead to necrosis in the operated area.
- Smoking. A patient needs to give up smoking at least for several weeks before and after surgery. Nicotine narrows down the vessels and capillaries reducing the blood supply of tissues. As a result, the healing process goes slow and with complications.
- Infections. If you have any infection, you need to warn your doctor and decide whether it can be a contraindication for surgery.
- Pregnancy. Anesthesia or some medications applied during or after surgery can negatively affect the fetus.
A patient has to discuss with a plastic surgeon all existing health problems and, if necessary, undergo the medical tests. It will help to avoid possible side effects of plastic surgery and worsening health conditions.
What is preoperative preparation for plastic surgery?
The preoperative preparation for plastic surgery includes the following steps:
- Arrival at a chosen plastic surgery clinic.
- Seeing a doctor who will perform a procedure.
- Medical testing (blood and urine analysis + some specific tests depending on the plastic surgery type)
If you have no contraindications for plastic surgery, a doctor appoints an operation the next day after a visit.
How long does the recovery period take?
The length of the recovery period depends on the plastic surgery type that has been performed. On average, it takes about 2-3 weeks before a patient returns to work and daily routine life. For some surgeries, it can take a year to see a final result, get rid of swelling and scars.
Is plastic surgery safe ?
Plastic surgery is considered a safe procedure only in case you choose a qualified doctor to manage an operation. Also, you need to be realistic about the changes of your appearance and not to demand some extreme corrections of the body. To minimize complications, warn a plastic surgeon about your health conditions, some chronic diseases, infections, and bad habits.
What are the side effects of plastic surgery?
Plastic surgery does not bring many side effects in case an experienced doctor carries out a procedure. However, you have to be aware of the following side effects and risks:
- Hematomas. This is a frequent complication that occurs after all types of surgeries, not only plastic ones. Hematomas take place in about 1% of patients after breast augmentation or facelift.
- Swelling. After almost all intervention a patient can observe swelling. Usually, it disappears in several weeks after surgery. In some cases, it may take place for a couple of months.
- Blood loss. Blood loss is a rare complication that can happen on the operating table or after surgery. If you feel weakness after an operation, inform your doctor.
- Infection. This side effect takes place in about 1-2.5% of cases. To manage this condition, antibiotics can be prescribed.
- Nerve damage. Patients often feel the numbness of the area where the operation has been performed. In most of the cases, it is temporary, and sensitivity recovers after a while.
- Scarring. Scarring remains visible rare. In most of the cases, it disappears over time or becomes almost invisible.
- Thrombosis. It can happen in 0.09% of all plastic surgeries. However, this is a severe complication and some cases can be even fatal.
Does insurance cover plastic surgery?
Cosmetic surgery is rarely covered by health insurance. Things are different with reconstructive surgery: if a patient needs to correct defects of appearance caused by disease or trauma, recover the functioning of some parts of the body, the insurance will cover the cost of the procedure.
Why is plastic surgery so strong in Turkey?
Our doctors practice a lot. Maybe even much more than our colleagues in other countries. I think this is the reason.
Can you say a few words about yourself and your experience with Bookimed?
My name is Dr. Selçuk Aytaç. I am a plastic surgeon from Turkey with more than 20 years of experience in plastic surgery. I specialize in body reshaping, breast augmentation, breast lift, butt lift, post-bariatric surgeries. Also, I perform some facial operations. Our clinic (Estetik International - Ed.) works with Bookimed, so some of my patients come from the Bookimed platform. They are happy with the results. Our clinic invites everyone who wants to do plastic surgery.
Turkish Medical Association
The Turkish Medical Association (TMA) was established to improve public healthcare in Turkey. The association considers professional doctor competence, education, and training.
Straumann® Dental Implant System Official Provider
The certificates means the clinic is the official provider of the Swiss company and applies original Straumann® materials.
Plastic Surgery proceduresHair transplant Rhinoplasty (nose job) Liposuction Breast augmentation Facelift surgery Tummy tuck Blepharoplasty (Eyelid correction) Breast reduction FUE hair transplant Gynecomastia surgery
Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reconstructiva
AMCPER (The Asociacion Mexicana de Cirugia Plastica) is an institutional body that unites all certified plastic surgeons in the country, promotes their academic growth and skills improvement.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery organization in the world. Its mission is to provide the patient assistance, high educational, ethnical, medical care, and research standards.
Consejo Mexicano de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reconstructiva
The Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery certifies plastic surgeons in the country. The council updates their certification every 5 years according to the results of plastic surgeons' academic activity.
Best Plastic Surgery doctors in the world provide a remote medical advice
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
Bookimed patient stories
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Plastic Surgery Reviews by Bookimed patients
Who can tell more about the clinic, amenities, and staff than someone who checked everything themselves? We collect the genuine experience of our patients for you to make the best choice.
We publish positive and negative reviews — all from verified people only after getting medical services booked via Bookimed.com. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
115 positive reviews on plastic surgery
11 negative reviews on plastic surgery
FAQ about Plastic Surgery
How to choose the best aesthetic surgery center?
Choosing the best hospital for plastic surgery, pay attention to all details to make sure in safety of procedures:
- Accreditation of the cosmetic surgery clinic. Best plastic surgery clinics must be internationally accredited and allowed to serve foreign patients. Otherwise, you cannot be sure in quality of medical services. Some leading plastic surgery clinics are certified by local Ministry of Health. It means their work is regulated on the state level.
- Experience of plastic surgeons. The choice of the right aesthetic surgery center is important. But more important is a doctor’s expertise. Some specialists have over 20 years of experience. Check a CV of a particular specialist, request for his/her portfolio to check “before-after” photos. Bookimed always provides patients with a portfolio of a chosen doctor. Doctor’s international practice will be a plus.
- Innovative equipment. Best plastic surgery clinics in the world apply the latest technologies, regularly renovate the equipment to achieve the best results and maintain their reputation.
- Reviews. Patients, who have already had plastic surgery abroad, often share their experience. Verified reviews regarding plastic surgery you can find on Bookimed website.
- Service. The best plastic surgery clinics start taking care about a patient just after arriving at the airport. Clinics provide a patient with a transfer and make the staying at the plastic surgery center comfortable.
Still have questions about choosing the best plastic surgery clinic? Submit a request on Bookimed and we will contact you to clarify information and solve your issue.
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.
How Bookimed can help you
Bookimed is a trusted global medical tourism platform. Every month over 9,000 people request our assistance. Check what do we offer:
Bookimed cooperates with top medical centers in 35+ countries. And we can pick the best one precisely for your medical needs.
Searching for a doctor or a clinic? The best program for your budget? We do have answers for these questions based on the experience of 830,000+ patients served.
You are never alone during your medical trip. Our team is on hand over the phone or chat to ensure you have an excellent experience.
We don't charge you any medical travel consultation or arrangement fees. The prices on the platform are equal to the clinics' costs ... or even lower.
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.