- Expertise of Dr. Gazanfer Alioglu
- High success rates at Mavidenta Dental Clinic (90.0% for All-on-4, All-on-6, and other dental implants)
- Treatments for both adults and children
- Patients from Europe Commonwealth, Balkans and USA, Canada, Australia visit the clinic most often
- Excellent reviews from patients
Discover the Best Clinics and Costs for Dental Implant in Turkey 2023
Dental Implant Overview in Turkey
- Mini dental implant - from 80$
This therapy replaces missing teeth using small, metal posts, ensuring a natural look and easy chewing.
- Installation of a dental implant with crown - from 9721$
This therapy involves placing an artificial tooth root and crown to restore a missing tooth, offering durability and natural appearance.
- Dental Implant with Abutment - from 416$
The procedure installs a prosthetic tooth root and connector for a false tooth, enhancing oral health and smile.
- Simple Swiss Dental Implants - from 415$
The procedure replaces missing teeth for improved function and appearance, using Swiss-made, high-quality materials.
- Mis Dental Implants - from 274$
The procedure enhances oral function and aesthetics using high-quality, tailor-made artificial tooth roots placed into the jawbone.
- In-Kone Tekka Dental Implants - from 383$
This therapy replaces missing teeth, using specific implants that bond naturally with jawbone for enhanced oral health.
- Straumann Dental Implants - from 782$
This therapy replaces missing teeth, using high quality metal implants in your jawbone, providing durable results.
- Nobel Biocare Dental Implants - from 438$
This therapy involves surgically inserting artificial tooth roots to replace missing teeth, providing a strong, natural-looking result.
- Temporary anchorage devices (TADs) - from 1831$
The procedure involves tiny screws, boosting orthodontic treatment, easy to place and remove, minimal discomfort, exceptional results.
This therapy inserts a type of artificial tooth directly into the jawbone, providing a natural, durable solution.
The procedure places a custom-fit frame under gums and atop jawbone, offering robust support for artificial teeth.
This procedure implants teeth anchors through the jawbone and gum for superior dental prosthetic stability.
- Zygomatic implant - from 547$
This therapy sets implants into cheekbones, providing support for dentures, offering a solution for severe bone loss.
- Two stage dental implant - from 285$
This therapy replaces missing teeth in two stages.
These implants anchor into jaw"s basal bone, offering a tooth replacement process, notably swift, minimally invasive, and rehabilitation-effective.
This procedure involves placing a dental implant after tooth extraction, promoting bone healing for stable support.
This therapy places angled dental implants in the jawbone, enhancing bone-to-implant contact and chewing efficiency.
- Dental bone regeneration - from 190$
This procedure restores lost bone tissue, reinforcing jaw stability to place dental implants using advanced medical technology.
- Bookimed services are free for patients.
- No extra fees, Pay only according to the clinic's bills.
- The price for medical services is the same as going directly to the clinic.
- Exclusive discounts can be provided for Bookimed patients.
- 100% secure payment process
- Arrive and enjoy a VIP transfer to the clinic.
- Consult with a maxillofacial surgeon about your dental implant.
- Perform any pre-operation tests if required by the surgeon.
- Undergo the dental implant surgery, which lasts for 2-3 hours.
- The procedure involves anesthesia, typically local anesthesia.
- Implantation of BEGO, a high-quality dental implant, takes place.
- Stay in the country for post-operation monitoring.
- Follow-up consultation with the surgeon to check the implant.
- Continue with soft diet and oral hygiene routine.
- Start to gradually return to normal activities.
- Return to work and other activities as tolerated.
- Visit your local dentist for checkups and cleaning.
- Experience the final result of your dental implant.
- Enjoy your new smile with a lifetime warranty.
Please note that each patient"s case is unique, and the timeline may differ based on individual factors and recovery speed.
What patients like:
- Cost. The Dental Implant cost in Turkey ranges from 268$ to 15222$. This price range is appealing compared to more expensive options in countries like the USA, where the average cost is around $4000 per implant.
- Doctor’s professionalism. Patients appreciate the high skill level and professionalism of Turkish dentists. They are often members of international dental organizations and have performed numerous successful procedures.
- Service level. The overall service level in Turkish dental clinics is highly praised. Patients mention the attentive, friendly, and supportive staff who are ready to assist at any moment.
- Dental Implant efficacy. Patients report satisfaction with the outcome of the dental implant procedures, noting the use of modern techniques and high-quality materials.
- Logistics. Patients appreciate the well-organized logistics, including airport transfers, hotel bookings, and transportation to the clinic.
What patients don't like:
- Language Barrier. Some patients reported difficulties with communication due to language barriers, although many clinics provide translators.
- Post-Procedure Pain. Despite the high-quality service, some patients experienced post-procedure discomfort or pain, which can be a common side effect of dental implants.
- Additional Treatments. In some cases, patients discovered they required additional dental work, like bone grafting, which extended the treatment time and overall cost.
Discover the Hottest Dental Implant Packages of the Season
Don't Miss Out On Exclusive Dental Implant Deals in Turkey for November 2023
- Experience: Enjoy Dr. Emirhan Yildiz's 23 years of experience in dentistry and dental crown installation.
- Convenience: The offer includes a 5* hotel and VIP transfer for your convenience.
- Quality: Get the latest Porcelain, Zirconia and E-max materials for your dental crown installation.
- Time: With this offer, you can get your dental crowns installed in 0 days stay in the hospital and 6 days stay in the hotel.
- Peace of Mind: Receive high-quality dental care and be assured that you are in the most capable hands with Dr. Emirhan Yildiz.
Dental Implant - Straumann - 100% Patient Satisfaction
- 99.9% success rate for All-on-6, Root Canal Treatment and Dental Implant
- Dedicated and experienced medical team with Dr. Fahri Doruk since 2013
- High quality of service from a private multi-specialty medical center located in Marmaris, Turkey
- VIP transfer and accommodation not included
- 7 Days stay in the hotel and 0 days stay in the hospital
What's the Cost for Dental Implant in Turkey? Find Out Nowupdated 11/27/2023
WestDent is a private dental clinic in Izmir, Turkey. For the last 3 years, the West Dental Clinic dentists provided over 15,000 dental surgery operations. The team shows 99% success rate for all dental procedures. 45,000 patients trust their oral health to West Dental Clinic annually.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
Hair Clinic is a private multi-specialty medical center located in Istanbul, Turkey, offering high-quality treatments such as dental treatment, plastic surgery, and weight loss surgery. The clinic has been treating more than 20,000 successful patients since 2014, boasting some of the highest success rates in the industry, including 99.0% for Dental Implant procedures. Patients from CIS, Europe, the USA, and Canada visit the clinic most often and the team of professionals, led by Dr. Fulya Gülener, provides personalized care and assistance in all matters. The clinic also offers a comprehensive package with a 4-star hotel, VIP transfer, and breakfast included.
Hair Clinic is consistently acclaimed for its quality of service, and reviews praise the efficient and friendly staff. Patients are provided with 24/7 access to a manager and all the information they need regarding their procedure, with the transfer and hotel booking taking care of prior to their arrival.
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
|Dental Implant||$359.09 - $719.27|
Mavidenta Dental Clinic is a private dental medical center in Istanbul, Turkey. Among the clinic's achievements are the success rates: 90.0% for All-on-4, All-on-6, and other dental implants. The clinic serves both adults and children. 2,000 patients choose Mavidenta Dental Clinic to get medical care every year. Patients from Europe & Commonwealth, the Balkans, the USA, Canada, and Australia visit the clinic most often.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
SoracaMed Clinic is a private multi-specialty medical center located in Antalya, Turkey. The team is dedicated to dental treatment, plastic surgery, weight loss, and maxillofacial surgery. According to the Clinic's data, the success rate for All-on-4 dental implants is 99.9%. The Clinic's commitment is to ensure competitive and immediate service packages tailored to patients' medical procedures and treatment needs. SoracaMed Clinic's biggest mission is to provide patients with the best healthcare services, enhancing their quality of life and contributing to a healthy future. In medical tourism, SoracaMed Clinic remains committed to delivering a unique and unforgettable healthcare journey to patients by focusing on superior quality and personalized experiences at every stage. SoracaMed Clinic serves only adults. 600 patients choose the clinic to get medical care every year. Patients from Europe & Commonwealth, the USA, Canada, Australia, and Russian-speaking countries visit the clinic most often.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
|Dental Implant||$239.76 - $1019.24|
Tower Dental is a dedicated medical facility based in Istanbul. It was founded by Dr. Ertan Etemoglu and Dr. Gamze Etemoglu, dentists certified by the Turkish Dental Association, in 1998. The team, which consists of 15 people, provides a wide range of dental services such as crowns, bridges, Emax veneers and dental implants. Dental Tower welcomes local and overseas patients.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
|Dental Implant||$400 - $800|
34 Before & after photos
DentaGlobal Hospital in Izmir, Turkey is a world-class dental clinic with highly-qualified dentists, such as Dr. Sukru Mert Yuce, specialized in dental implants, crowns, veneers, and teeth whitening.
The clinic is highly rated by patients and offers a lifetime guarantee for implants, 3 years for crowns, bridges, veneers, and 2 years for dental prostheses.
The offer includes a 4* Hotel and VIP transfer and is a great choice if you are looking for a Dental Implant procedure in Turkey.
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
|Dental Implant||$467.47 - $929.46|
TWT Health Clinic is a private multi-specialty medical center located in Istanbul, Turkey. The team is dedicated to orthopedics, dental treatment, plastic surgery and weight loss surgery. According to the clinic’s data, the success rate for Immediate load dental implants is 95.0%. TWT Health Clinic is working with A plus General Hospital group in Turkey. The clinic has Hospitals at least 7-8 cities in Turkey. The clinic's surgeons' success rates are more than most of the surgeons. TWT Health Clinic works with experienced surgeons and doctors that have been practicing for more than 20 years. The clinic's team is 24/7 available. TWT Health Clinic has partnerships with doctors and medical centers in Europe so the clinic's doctors can follow up with the patients. TWT Health Clinic serves both adults and children. 600 patients choose TWT Health Clinic to get medical care every year. Patients from Europe & Commonwealth, USA, Canada, Australia and Russian-speaking countries mainly pick the clinic.
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
UltimaDent is a dental clinic uniquely specializing in implantology and cosmetic dentistry, located in İzmir, Turkey.
Three dentists co-found the clinic, so your dentist will always be here to continue your treatment no matter what or when. UltimaDent accepts 1,350 patients annually, allowing us to maintain a boutique approach. Patients from Switzerland, the USA, Canada, Germany, France, the UK, and Western Europe gravitate toward the clinic.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
Dent48 is a private multi-specialty medical center located in Marmaris, Turkey. The team is dedicated to dental treatment and maxillofacial surgery. Among the clinic's achievements are the success rates: 99.9% for All-on-6, 99.9% for root canal treatment and 99.9% for dental Implant. Fdent Turkey (Dent48) serves both adults and children. Patients from CIS, Europe and Arab League States visit the clinic most often.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
Hisar Hospital Intercontinental is a multi-specialty medical center in Turkey, Istanbul.
The medical center specializes in pediatric and adult cardiovascular surgery, orthopedics, oncology, weight loss surgery, and check-ups. Hisar Intercontinental Hospital serves only adults. 250,000 patients choose Hisar Intercontinental Hospital to get medical care every year. Hisar Hospital is certified by JCI (Joint Commission International) that confirms compliance with international standards of treatment quality and safety.
Patients from CIS, Balkans and African countries choose Hisar Hospital for medical care.
Hospital certificates and accreditation of quality
Dental Implant Patient Experience Reviews
|Dental Implant||$910 - $1450|
Your Medical Travel Guide: Essential Tips and Advice
Some clinics include 4- or 5-star hotel stay in the procedure cost.
For citizens of other countries — please visit ivisa.com to find more details on entry requirements to Turkey.
Transfer: most of clinics provide a free airport-clinic-airport transfer for patients coming for the procedure.
Get a Medical Assessment for Dental Implant in Turkey: Consult with 169 Experienced Doctors Now
- Dr. Susana Akdash specializes in advanced dental implantology.
- Utilizes innovative methods: All-on-4
- Dr. Gencer Huniler specializes in advanced Dental Implant procedures.
- Uses methods like All-on-4, 3D-g
FAQ about Dental Implant in Turkey
What Is Dental Implantation and Dental Implants?
Dental implantation is a surgical procedure in which an artificial tooth root, typically made of titanium, is placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth or bridge.
Dental implants are artificial tooth roots that are placed into the jawbone during this procedure. They provide a strong foundation for the replacement teeth and can improve the mouth's appearance, function, and health.
Dental implants are a popular functional and aesthetic dentistry option for people who have lost one or more teeth due to injury, decay, or other dental issues. According to the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, approximately 3 million people in the United States have dental implants, which is growing by 500,000 annually. Dental implants are considered a safe and effective long-term solution for replacing missing teeth.
What Parts Does a Dental Implant Consists Of?
A dental implant typically consists of three parts: the fixture, the abutment, and the prosthetic tooth. The implant is made of titanium, a solid and durable metal that is biocompatible and fuses well with bone tissue.
The fixture is like a screw that's placed into the jawbone to replace the missing tooth root. It's made of a strong metal called titanium and is meant to fuse with the bone tissue over time, called osseointegration. The words "fixture" and "implant" mean the same thing in dental implantology — they refer to the part that's placed into the jawbone to replace the missing tooth root.
When you get a dental implant, a small piece called an abutment is added to the top. This little piece helps to hold the new tooth (usually a crown) in place so it doesn't wobble or come loose. The abutment is made of a strong metal called titanium and is designed to fit perfectly with the dental implant and new tooth. It's a vital part of the whole process.
When someone gets a dental implant, they often need something to go on top of it to replace the missing tooth. That thing is called a dental prosthetic, and it can be a fake tooth, bridge, or denture that looks and works like a real tooth. The goal is to help the person eat, talk, and smile just like they did before they lost their tooth.
What Does a Dental Implant Look Like?
A dental implant is a dental prosthetic used to replace missing teeth. It is a small, biocompatible post made of titanium or zirconia that is surgically implanted into the jawbone. It looks similar to a small metal rod or cylinder. Once the implant has been placed, the surrounding bone tissue will gradually fuse with the implant through osseointegration, creating a stable and durable foundation for the prosthetic tooth.
The implant is typically not visible once the prosthetic tooth has been attached. Dental implants are a popular and effective solution for restoring missing teeth, as they look and function like natural teeth and can last for many years with proper care.
What Does a Dental Implant Feel Like?
A dental implant replaces a missing tooth that feels like a natural tooth once it has fully healed. There may be some discomfort or sensitivity during the healing process, but this should go away over time. The implant itself is not usually felt as a fake tooth covers it. Dental implants are a good option for people who want to replace missing teeth and have a natural-looking healthy smile.
What Dental Implantation Techniques Are Available?
Dental implantation can be performed in different ways. A dentist will pick the best one for a patient according to the case and budget expectations. Check the table below to figure out available options:
|Single Tooth Implants||Single tooth implants replace missing teeth with an artificial tooth attached to a dental implant post, providing a stable and durable replacement that looks and functions like a natural tooth.|
|Multiple Implants||Multiple implants replace several missing teeth with artificial teeth attached to dental implant posts, providing a stable and durable replacement that can improve oral health, restore proper function, and boost self-confidence.|
|All-on-2||All-on-2 implants are a type of dental implant where two implants are used to support a full arch of replacement teeth.|
|All-on-4||All-on-4 is a type of teeth implant procedure where a full arch of teeth is attached to four implants in the jawbone, providing a strong and stable base for the replacement teeth.|
|All-on-6||All-on-6 implants are a type of dental implant where six implants are used to support a full arch of replacement teeth.|
|3-on-6||3 on 6 dental implants consist of three bridges attached to six artificial roots, which restore the natural function of teeth by evenly distributing bite forces, making it ideal for full-mouth reconstruction.|
|Full Arch Restoration||Full mouth dental implants is a procedure that involves replacing all missing teeth in the upper or lower jaw with a full set of artificial teeth that are anchored to dental implants.|
|Implant-supported bridge||Implant-supported bridge is a type of dental bridge that is supported by dental implants rather than natural teeth.|
What Are the Alternatives for Dental Implants?
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants are often considered the superior option. However, some patients may not be the best choice due to medical reasons or personal preferences. Here are some alternative options:
- Full mouth dentures. A good option for those missing all teeth or planning to have remaining teeth removed, but it may limit chewing abilities.
- Partial dentures. A removable option for replacing multiple missing teeth, but it may be less stable and require frequent repairs.
- Fixed bridges. A fixed option that feels and functions more like natural teeth but can be more challenging to clean and potentially damage adjacent teeth.
Discussing all options with your dentist to determine the best choice for your specific needs is important.
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable dental appliances used to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They are made of acrylic resin and metal and can be customized to fit the individual's mouth. Dentures can be used to replace either a few missing teeth or a full set of teeth.
When it comes to tooth replacement, there are multiple options available, including dental implants and dentures. Here are some key factors to consider when deciding between the two:
- Look and feel like natural teeth
- More comfortable and stable than dentures
- Require no special care beyond regular brushing and flossing
- Prevent loss of bone structure in the jaw
- Can last for decades or even a lifetime with proper care
- More expensive than dentures
- Require a surgical procedure to place the implant
- Can be a more affordable option than dental implants
- Can be created more quickly than dental implants
- Can be removed for cleaning and maintenance
- Don't require surgery
- May be less comfortable and less stable than dental implants
- Can cause sore spots or irritation on the gums
- Can limit the types of foods to eat.
You can choose dental implants or dentures, depending on budget, lifestyle, and dental health. Discussing all options with a dentist is important to determine the best choice for each situation.
What Are the Types of Dental Implants?
Regarding the choice of dental implants you need to install in Turkey, it may seem complicated because of the many available options. Only a qualified dentist can help you make the right decision and be satisfied with the result. Below, you can check available dental implants in Turkey according to the multiple criteria:
- According to the number of teeth missing
- Single tooth implants
- Multiple implants
- According to the dental prosthesis
- Dental implants with crowns
- Dental implants with bridges
- Implant-supported dentures
- According to their position
- Endosteal or endosseous implants (in the jawbone)
- Subperiosteal Implants (between gums and jawbone)
- Zygomatic implants (zygomatic arches)
- According to the size
- Standard Platform
- Wide Platform
- Mini or Narrow Body
- According to the connector type:
- Internal Hex Connector
- External Hex Connector
- Internal Octagon Connector.
|Dental implant type||Description|
|Single implants||A type of dental implant that replaces a single missing tooth.|
|Multiple implants||It refers to dental implants that are used to replace multiple missing teeth in a row.|
|Dental implant with crowns||A type of dental implant prosthesis where a permanent crown is attached to an implant post.|
|Dental implants with bridges||Two or more consecutive missing teeth are replaced with a bridge that is attached to dental implants.|
Implant-supported dentures use dental implants to permanently secure a denture to the gums instead of using multiple bridges or crowns.
|Endosteal or endosseous implants||Implants that function as a tooth root and are surgically drilled into the jawbone, below the gums, and are connected to the prosthetic tooth with an abutment.|
|Subperiosteal implants||Placed between the gums and jawbone and are an option when there's not enough natural bone or quantity of bone structure.|
|Zygomatic implants||Inserted into the cheekbone instead of the jawbone, providing a solid anchor point for the dental prosthetic.|
|Standard platform||Standard dental implants have a diameter ranging from 3.4mm to 4.2mm and are placed in the front of the mouth, generally considered medium-sized.|
|Wide platform||Large implants are used for posterior teeth with a diameter ranging from 4.5mm to 6mm.|
|Mini or narrow body||This type is suitable for small interdental spaces and temporary implants when the standard or wide platforms are not feasible.|
|Internal hex connector||Internal hexagon implants have a shape like a six-sided nut and screw together like two screws. This shape helps the implant stay securely in the bone, which is important for replacing missing multiple teeth.|
|External hex connector||External hexagon connectors are named because they have a hexagonal shape and sit on top of the implant without screwing inside it.|
|Internal octagon connector||Internal octagon abutments work like internal hex ones, but with an opening that has eight sides instead of six.|
What implants can be the best choice?
When it comes to dental implants, there are many factors to consider, including oral health, bone density, location of the missing tooth or multiple teeth, and personal preferences. To ensure the best outcome, it's essential to consult with a dental professional who can help determine the most suitable implant option for your specific needs.
One of the most popular types of dental implants currently used is made of titanium. With a long history of success, titanium implants are a reliable and effective solution for restoring teeth. Statistics show that titanium implants have a success rate of over 95%, making them a top choice for dental professionals and patients.
But it's not just their success rate that makes titanium implants so appealing. Their metal substructures and components also allow for the restoration of many challenging cases, such as those with multiple missing teeth or compromised bone density. Overall, titanium dental implants are a versatile and effective for restoring a healthy, beautiful smile.
Dental Implant Brands Used in Turkey’s Clinics
Bookimed only cooperates with licensed and certified dental clinics that use high-quality dental implants and materials produced by top-world manufacturers to ensure affordable prices without compromising quality. The manufacturer, not the dentist, provides a 15-year or even lifetime guarantee for dental implants. Turkish clinics use best dental implants brands:
- Straumann (Switzerland)
- Nobel Biocare (Switzerland)
- Dentsply Sirona (USA)
- Zimmer Biomet (USA)
- Avinent Corporate (Spain)
- Osstem Implant (South Korea)
When choosing a manufacturer for full-mouth dental implants, the doctor primarily considers the bone tissue status and then determines the best option for the patient. If a customer has a limited budget, a dentist may suggest placing implants from different manufacturers to achieve the most desirable result. However, this opportunity is only discussed during the consultation with a patient and is not performed without their consent.
Who Are the Best Candidates for Dental Implants in Turkey?
Here are some factors that make a person a good candidate for dental implants in Turkey:
- Good overall health. The patient should have good overall health and no underlying medical conditions that may interfere with the healing process.
- Healthy gums. The patient should have healthy gums free of any signs of gum disease, such as bleeding or inflammation.
- Adequate bone density. The patient must have a sufficient bone density in their jaw to support the dental implant. Bone grafts may be necessary before the implant procedure if there is not enough bone.
- Non-smoker. Smoking can interfere with healing and increase the risk of implant failure. Therefore, non-smokers are better candidates for dental implants.
- Missing one or more teeth. Dental implants are a great solution for patients missing one or more teeth.
- The desire for a long-term solution. Dental implants provide a long-lasting solution for missing teeth, making them a good option for patients who want a permanent solution.
- Financial feasibility. Dental implants can be costly, so patients need to consider the financial feasibility of the procedure. Turkey offers affordable prices for dental implants compared to many other countries.
It is important to consult with a dental professional to determine if dental implants are the right solution for your specific needs.
When Are Dental Implants Medically Necessary?
Dental implants may be medically necessary for people with missing or severely damaged teeth. When teeth are missing, it can affect a person's ability to speak and eat properly and lead to bone loss in the jaw. Dental implants permanently solve these problems by replacing the missing tooth or teeth with a titanium post that fuses with the jawbone and acts as an artificial tooth root.
Additionally, dental implants have a high success rate. Studies have shown that dental implant success rates range from 95% to 98%. This means dental implants are a reliable and effective option for people with missing teeth who want to restore their smile and oral health.
Things to Consider Before Dental Implantation in Turkey
Before traveling to Turkey, take into account these items to make our dental implant journey smooth:
- Cost. Dental implantation in Turkey can be more affordable than in other countries, but it's important to factor in all costs, such as flights, accommodation, and additional expenses.
- Qualifications and experience of the dental professional. Researching the qualifications and knowledge of the dental professional performing the procedure is important. Check their credentials, read reviews and testimonials from previous patients, and ask for before-and-after photos.
- Clinic accreditation. Ensure your chosen clinic to receive dental implants is accredited by reputable organizations such as the Joint Commission International (JCI) or the Turkish Dental Association.
- Technology and equipment. Check if the clinic has up-to-date technology and equipment to ensure the best possible outcome for your procedure.
- Language barrier. Consider if there could be a language barrier between you and the dental team. It's important to communicate your medical history and any concerns you may have. However, most of the Turkish staff speaks English; an interpreter is also provided.
- Aftercare. Ensure the clinic provides adequate aftercare instructions and support for recovery. It's important to follow all post-procedure instructions to ensure a successful outcome.
Considering these factors, you can decide to get dental implants in Turkey and ensure a successful and cost-effective procedure.
How Many Visits Are Needed for Dental Implants?
Dental implant treatment usually requires 2 to 3 visits, with a waiting period of a few months in between each visit for healing and osseointegration to occur.
The number of visits can vary depending on the patient's case, but on average, it takes around three to six months to complete the entire process. During the first visit, the dentist will examine the patient's oral health, take X-rays, and determine the appropriate treatment plan. Some clinics offer immediate dental implants surgery but such a procedure has a lower success rate compared to the traditional one.
What Is the Recovery Time for Dental Implants?
After dental implant surgery, you won’t feel pain immediately due to numbing and sedation, but pain and discomfort will occur afterward. Soft foods are recommended for 1-3 days, and exercise should be avoided for at least a week. After 2 weeks, most patients are fully recovered, but the implant will continue to heal and bond with the jawbone over the following 3-6 months.
What Determines the Success Rate of Dental Implants in Turkey?
The outcome success of placing dental implants in Turkey is affected by such factors:
- Experience and skill of the dentist performing the procedure
- Quality of the implant materials and components used, including the implant brand
- Adequate bone density and quality to support the implant
- Proper oral hygiene and maintenance after the implant procedure
- Overall health and lifestyle habits of the patient, such as smoking or diabetes status
- Accurate placement of the implant using the latest technology and techniques
- Presence of any pre-existing oral health conditions or issues
Choosing a highly experienced and qualified dentist who uses top-quality implant materials and components can significantly increase the chances of a successful implant procedure. It's also important for patients to take good care of their oral health and follow post-operative instructions carefully to ensure optimal healing and implant integration.
Full Mouth Dental Implants Aftercare Overview
When a dental implant placement process is over, your dentist will advise you to speed up your recovery and make it smooth. Among them may be:
- Take painkillers as your dentist prescribes or over-the-counter medication like ibuprofen to manage pain.
- Use an ice pack to reduce swelling and numb the area.
- Rest and avoid heavy exertion or exercise for at least a day or two.
- Eat only soft foods immediately after surgery and gradually add firmer foods after a few days.
- Use an oral rinse as your dentist prescribes, and avoid brushing the implant site directly.
- Attend follow-up appointments with your dentist to monitor healing progress.
- Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol during the healing process.
- Practice good oral hygiene by brushing and flossing regularly.
- Chew hard, challenging, and crunchy foods on the opposite side of your mouth.
- Maintain a healthy diet to support healing and overall oral healthю
How Long Is the Teeth Implants Recovery Process?
The recovery time for dental implants varies based on the specific treatment required, such as bone grafting or tooth extractions, and the patient's oral health. Factors like the number of teeth implanted, bone quality, and implant size can impact initial healing, typically taking 7-10 days.
However, the implant will fully integrate into the bone and be ready for the restorative phase of treatment within 3-6 months. Additionally, lifestyle choices like smoking can significantly impact healing time and increase the risk of implant failure.
What Are Dental Implants Treatment Success Criteria in Turkey?
Signs that show your treatment process is going well are the following:
- Reduced pain and swelling on the third day after the implant surgery.
- No signs of infection.
- No numbness in the jaw.
- The implant must be fixed inside the bone.
- Perfect compatibility of crowns, bridges, and prostheses.
Pros and Cons of Dental Implantation
Dental implantation is a popular option for replacing missing or damaged teeth. It involves surgically placing an artificial tooth root in the jawbone and attaching a replacement tooth. Here are some pros and cons to consider:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like natural teeth, giving you a confident smile.
- Better functionality. Dental implants function like natural teeth, allowing you to eat and speak normally.
- Longevity. Dental implants can last for many years and even a lifetime with proper care.
- Preserves jawbone. Dental implants stimulate the jawbone, preventing bone loss when teeth are missing.
- Adjacent teeth stay intact. Unlike dental bridges, dental implants don't require any support from adjacent teeth, preserving their natural structure.
- Expensive. Dental implants are typically more costly than other tooth replacement options.
- Time-consuming. The dental implant process can take several months, involving multiple appointments and procedures.
- Surgery risks. As with any surgery, dental implantation comes with some risks, such as infection, nerve damage, or implant failure.
- Requires good oral health. Good oral health is necessary for successful implantation, so patients with gum disease or other oral health issues may not be good candidates.
- Not suitable for everyone. In some cases, dental implants may not be a viable option due to factors such as inadequate bone density or certain medical conditions.
Dental implantation can be an effective and long-lasting solution for replacing missing or damaged teeth. Still, it's important to weigh the pros and cons and consult with a dentist to determine if it's the right choice for your individual needs.
Risks and Complications of Dental Implants
You can check a list of common complications and risks below that may be associated with dental implantation, along with their frequency and timeframes for resolution:
- Chronic bleeding. This can occur immediately after the procedure and usually stops within 1-2 hours. Intermittent bleeding may continue for up to 24 hours. The frequency of chronic bleeding is relatively low, occurring in less than 5% of cases.
- Infection of the implant. This can occur during the healing process and is usually treated with antibiotics. The frequency of implant infection is around 2-4%, but it can be higher in smokers or people with medical conditions that weaken their immune system.
- Micro-movements of the implant. This can occur if the implant does not properly integrate with the jawbone. It can lead to implant failure, and the implant may need to be removed. Micro-movement frequency is relatively low, occurring in less than 5% of cases.
- Insufficient bone support. This can occur if there is not enough bone to support the implant. It may require a bone graft before the implant can be placed. The frequency of insufficient bone support is around 5-10% of cases.
- Allergic reaction. This is rare but can occur in people allergic to the materials used in the implant. The frequency of allergic reactions is less than 1%.
- Complications due to smoking. Smoking can delay the healing process and increase the risk of implant failure. The frequency of complications due to smoking is around 10-20%.
- Complications due to medical conditions. Medical conditions such as diabetes or osteoporosis can affect healing and increase the risk of implant failure. The frequency of complications due to medical conditions is around 10-15%.
- Long-term dental implant complications. These can include implant fracture, screw loosening, or prosthetic complications. The frequency of long-term complications is around 5-10%.
- Nerve and tissue damage. This can occur during implant placement, leading to numbness or tingling in the lips or tongue. It usually resolves within a few weeks to a few months. The frequency of nerve and tissue damage is relatively low, occurring in less than 5% of cases.
- Gum recession. This can occur if the implant is not placed properly or if the patient needs better oral hygiene. It can lead to aesthetic issues and implant failure. The frequency of gum recession is around 5-10%.
- Sinus issues. Implants placed in the upper jaw can protrude into the sinus cavity, leading to sinus issues. It may require additional treatment to correct. The frequency of sinus issues is relatively low, occurring in less than 5% of cases.
- Rejection of the foreign body. This is rare but can occur if the body rejects the implant. It may require the removal of the implant. The frequency of rejection is less than 1%.
- Implant loosening. This can occur if the implant does not properly integrate with the jawbone or insufficient bone support. It may require the removal of the implant. The frequency of loose implants is around 5-10%.
- Injury in the surrounding area. This can occur if the implant is placed too close to a nerve or if it damages nearby teeth or bones. Injury frequency is relatively low, occurring in less than 5% of cases.
- Corrosion of the implant. This can occur if the implant materials corrode over time. It may require the removal of the implant. The frequency of corrosion is relatively low, occurring in less than 5% of cases.
It's important to note that most of these complications and risks are rare and can be minimized by choosing an experienced doctor and a reputable clinic.
What Is the Success Rate for Dental Implants in Turkey?
The success rate of dental implants in Turkey largely depends on several factors, including the patient's oral health, the quality of the implant, the surgical technique used, and the dentist's experience. Generally speaking, the success rate for dental implants in Turkey is high, with most studies reporting a success rate of over 95%. However, it's important to note that certain factors, such as smoking and poor oral hygiene, can decrease the success rate.
Choosing a reputable dental clinic with experienced dentists and high-quality implant brands can also contribute to a higher success rate. Overall, dental implantation in Turkey is a safe and effective treatment option for restoring missing or damaged teeth and can significantly improve a patient's oral health and quality of life.
How Are Dental Implants Performed in Turkey?
Dental implant surgery in Turkey typically involves the following steps:
- Initial consultation. Before the procedure, you will have an initial consultation with a dentist who will examine your teeth and gums, review your medical history, and take x-rays and impressions of your mouth.
- Anesthesia. On the day of the surgery, local anaesthesia is typically used to numb the area around the implant site.
- Incision. The dentist will then incision the gum tissue to access the jawbone.
- Drilling. Using a series of drills, the dentist will create a space in the jawbone to accommodate the implant.
- Implant placement. The dental implant, which is typically made of titanium, is then placed into the jawbone.
- Healing. Over the next several months, the implant will fuse with the surrounding bone through osseointegration. You may be given a temporary crown or bridge to wear while the implant heals during this time.
- Abutment placement. Once the implant has fused with the bone, a small connector called an abutment is attached to the top of the implant to support the final restoration.
- Final restoration. Finally, a customized dental crown, bridge, or denture is attached to the abutment, completing the teeth implant procedure.
Dental implant surgery in Turkey is typically performed by experienced dentists who use advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure the best possible outcome for their patients.
Why Do Inbound Customers Opt for Turkey to Get High Quality Dental Treatments?
Turkey is among the major destinations to get cost-effective dental procedures. However, that is the only point. Check the list below to find out more reasons why people travel here for medical services:
- Affordable prices. Dental implant cost in Turkey are 3-4 times more affordable compared to many other countries, including the US and UK.
- High-quality services. Despite lower prices, Turkey has high-quality dental clinics and experienced dentists who provide advanced implantation.
- Advanced technology. Dental clinics in Turkey use advanced technologies, including digital imaging and computer-aided design, to provide accurate and efficient full mouth implants surgery.
- Short waiting times. Unlike many other countries, dental clinics in Turkey have short waiting times, allowing patients to schedule their procedures and receive treatment quickly.
- Tourism opportunities. Turkey is a popular tourist destination, and patients can combine their dental implant procedure with a vacation to explore the country's history, culture, and natural beauty.
- Multilingual staff. Many dental clinics in Turkey have English-speaking doctors and, if necessary, provide interpreter’s services. It makes the process more comfortable and convenient.
- Guaranteed results. Many dental clinics in Turkey offer a 10-15-year or lifetime guarantee on their dental implant procedures, giving patients peace of mind and assurance that they will receive high-quality treatment.
What Factors Affect Dental Implants Cost in Turkey?
Several factors can affect the cost of dental implants in Turkey, including:
- Number of implants. The number of implants you need will directly impact the cost of the procedure.
- Type of implant. Different implant types come with varying costs, and some materials may be more expensive than others.
- Location of the dental clinic. The clinic's location where you receive your implant treatment can affect the cost.
- Additional procedures. Depending on your oral health and specific needs, additional interventions like bone graft procedure or sinus lifts may be required, which can increase the overall cost of the procedure.
- Experience of the dentist. The experience and reputation of the dentist or dental clinic can also affect the cost of the procedure.
- Technology and equipment. The type of technology and equipment used during the procedure can impact the cost.
Turkey is known for offering high-quality dental implant treatments at a lower cost than many other countries, making it an attractive option for those seeking affordable dental care.
Why Are Dental Implants Cheaper in Turkey?
For various reasons, dental implants in Turkey are cheaper than the US, UK, and Europe. One of the main reasons is the lower cost of living and lower overhead expenses for dental clinics in Turkey. This results in lower fees charged to patients.
In addition, the competition among dental clinics in Turkey is high, leading to reduced prices for dental treatments to attract patients. Also, the lower labor cost in Turkey makes it possible for dental clinics to provide dental implantation services at lower prices.
Another factor contributing to the affordability of dental implants in Turkey is the government's investment in dental tourism. The government has made it easier for international patients to receive dental treatment in Turkey by providing tax incentives to dental clinics and offering easier visa procedures.
Lastly, the lower cost of dental implants in Turkey means that the quality of the treatment is maintained. On the contrary, the quality of dental care in Turkey is known to be excellent, with many skilled and experienced doctors and the use of cutting edge technology in dental clinics.
Is There a Reduction in Quality?
No, there is no reduction in the quality of full mouth dental implants in Turkey. The lower cost is primarily due to the lower operating costs and lower labor costs in Turkey compared to countries like the USA, UK or Europe. In fact, many dental clinics in Turkey use the same implant brands and materials as those used in the USA, UK or Europe, and the dentists who perform the implant procedures are often highly skilled and trained. Additionally, the Ministry of Health regulates dental clinics in Turkey, and they adhere to strict quality and safety standards to ensure the best possible outcomes for patients.
Are There Any Hidden Costs of Having Dental Implants in Turkey?
While it's important to carefully review any dental implant package offered by a clinic in Turkey, reputable clinics typically do not have hidden implant cost. However, some packages may not include certain additional services or medications, so it's important to clarify what is included and what is not.
For example, some packages may not include the cost of temporary removable dentures or prescription medications. It's always a good idea to ask the clinic to provide a comprehensive list of costs, including any additional fees associated with the implant procedure. Additionally, it's important to factor in the cost of travel and accommodations when comparing the overall cost of dental implants in Turkey to other countries.
Is There a Guarantee on Dental Implants?
Yes, there is a guarantee on dental implants in most dental clinics in Turkey. The guarantee period varies from clinic to clinic and can range from 2 to 10 years. The guarantee usually covers implant failure due to manufacturing defects or improper placement.
If any issues arise within the guarantee period, the dental clinic will either repair or replace the implant free of charge. However, reading and understanding the guarantee terms and conditions before starting the treatment is essential to avoid misunderstandings.
How Can I Pay for My Full Mouth Implants in Turkey?
There are several payment options available for dental implant procedures in Turkey. Some of the most common payment methods include:
- Cash. You can pay for your dental implant procedure in Turkey with cash. However, it is important to note that carrying large sums of cash can be risky.
- Credit card. Many dental clinics in Turkey accept credit card payments. You can either pay for the procedure's full cost or installment payments.
- Bank transfer. You can also transfer your dental implant procedure payment directly to the dental clinic's bank account.
Before you make a payment, check with your dental clinic about their accepted payment methods and any associated fees or charges.
Tooth Implant in Turkey: Before and After Photos
Can you get implants when pregnant?
Avoiding dental implant surgery during pregnancy is better due to the potential risks to the fetus from anesthesia and medication. In most cases, it is advised to wait until after delivery for dental implant surgery.
Can elderly patients get implants?
Yes, elderly patients can get dental implants. Age should not hinder the procedure as long as they are in good health and have enough bone to support the implant.
Is it allowed to have dental implants at a young age?
Yes, it is generally allowed to have dental implants at a young age. Still, it depends on several factors, such as the patient's oral health, bone development, and overall medical history. Please consult professional dentists to determine if dental implants are appropriate for a young patient.
Can you get a dental implant years after extraction?
Yes, you can get a dental implant years after extraction. Dental implants can be placed even several years after tooth extraction, as long as there is enough bone density to support the implant.
Can dental implants be whitened?
No, dental implants cannot be whitened. Unlike natural teeth, mouth implants are made of materials not affected by bleaching agents. However, the implant crown, the visible part of the implant, can be replaced if it has become discolored over time.
What do same-day dental implants mean?
Same-day dental implants refer to a dental implant procedure where the implant is placed, and a temporary crown or dental bridge is attached in the same visit, allowing patients to leave the dentist's office with a complete set of functional teeth. This procedure eliminates the need for multiple appointments and can be a convenient and efficient solution for patients who want to restore lost teeth quickly.
Is it safe to have implants in Turkey?
Dental implants in Turkey are safe. The Ministry of Health sets standards for dental clinics and dentists, and many use advanced technology and experienced staff. Research and choose a reputable clinic for a safe procedure.
Is dental implant surgery dangerous?
Surgical dental treatments has risks like infection, bleeding, nerve damage, and implant failure. But, these risks are low and can be minimized by choosing a qualified dentist, following proper aftercare instructions, and maintaining good oral hygiene.
Does dental implant surgery require general anesthesia?
No, dental implant surgery does not always require general anesthesia. It can be performed under local anaesthesia with sedation or general anesthesia, depending on the complexity of the procedure and the patient's preference.
How painful is a tooth implant after surgery?
After getting dental implant surgery, you may experience some pain and discomfort which can be managed with prescribed pain medication or over-the-counter pain relievers. The discomfort usually lasts a few days to a week and can be reduced by following aftercare instructions and avoiding hard or chewy foods.
What is a dental implant uncovering procedure?
A dental implant uncovering procedure exposes the top of an implant, usually covered by gum tissue. It's done when the implant is placed in two stages for healing and osseointegration. The second stage involves attaching a healing cap or abutment to the implant. The procedure is quick and simple, performed under local anesthesia.
Can I trust a dental implant surgeon in Turkey?
Yes, trust dental implant surgeons in Turkey by choosing a reputable and qualified dental clinic or dentist. The Ministry of Health regulates the Turkish dental industry, and clinics must meet certain standards and regulations to ensure patient safety and quality of care. Clinics use advanced technology and have experienced and qualified staff. Do research, read reviews, and choose a reliable clinic or dentist for a safe and successful implant procedure.
What should you know about Turkey before the trip?
Before traveling to Turkey for dental implant treatment, it is important to research the dental clinics and dentists, obtain a visa if necessary, learn about the local culture and customs, and be aware of the exchange rate and local currency. Having travel insurance and being prepared for any unexpected events or emergencies is also important.
When is the best time to travel to Turkey for treatment?
The best time to travel to Turkey for treatment is during the shoulder seasons of spring (April to May) and fall (September to November), when the weather is mild, and there are fewer tourists.
What documents are required to apply for a visa to Turkey for treatment?
To apply for a visa to Turkey for treatment, you will generally need a valid passport, a completed visa application form, a recent passport-sized photograph, and documents related to your medical treatment, such as a medical report, appointment letter, and payment receipt. It is important to check the specific requirements and procedures for your country of origin and the type of visa you need.
19 Recent Dental Implant Reviews in Turkey: Check Real Patient Experience
See What Others Are Saying: Reviews of Life-Changing Dental Implant in Turkey
• Dental Crown Installation in Hospitadent Dental Group - Mecidiyeköy Clinic
• Dental Implant in Dental Bosphorus
• Dental Implant in DENTAGLOBAL Dental Clinic
United States of America
• Dental Implant in Hair Clinic
• Dental Implant in WestDent Clinic
Bookimed editorial policy
As the leading global medical tourism platform, we have a huge responsibility before our clients — both patients and medical centers. All the information provided on Bookimed.com is grounded in research, foresight, and expertise and meets high interest related to the product and follows:
We form our listings of Dental Implant clinics and doctors with strict regulations of our smart automatic ranking system. The system is based on real Bookimed patient rates to provide the most objective and transparent information about Dental Implant clinics and medical services there.
Our experienced data scientist collects Dental Implant data daily, monitors and optimizes the ranking system using machine learning and artificial intelligence to ensure that the ranking system is up-to-date and provides accurate results.
We collect the opinions of Bookimed clients only after getting Dental Implant medical experience with the clinic — so everyone on the platform can trust the facility they choose. We strive to make the content on our platform as useful as possible and ensure the freedom to express critical opinions. Thus, we publish positive and negative reviews, aiming at being a source for informed decision-making for our future Dental Implant clients.
Topics with high levels of expertise, authority, and trustworthiness
On Bookimed.com you may find choice and convenience to find the best Dental Implant medical solutions from top medical services providers just in one place, and often at competitive prices. Making sure to deliver the freshest information, the clinic’s representatives update doctors’ CVs, clinics’ capacities, before-after pictures, prices, packages, and specials by themselves shortly. You may meet the clinic’s representative and check the date of updated content at every Dental Implant clinic’s page to make sure of its trustworthiness.
Our blog and supportive pieces are created by professional authors with at least 3-year experience in Dental Implant medical writing and edited by medical specialists with relevant clinical and research expertise — all carefully recruited to the team. We strive to enhance patient access to health information, making it expert but easy to understand. All pieces follow the Bookimed’s Editorial Guidelines.
We are made of people and for people — and that"s our core value. That"s why all the Dental Implant data presented on the platform is collected, edited, reviewed, and updated regularly by our patients, our partner clinics, and our team, including the Bookimed Medical Advisory Board, which consists of the world-renowned doctors with value expertise over 20 years of practice, and a positive reputation. Learn more about us and our mission.
In case you find any mistake or have any questions on the information presented on Bookimed.com, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.