How much does gynecomastia surgery cost?
|Clinic’s photo||Deal||Medical Procedure||Price|
Limited-time deal$2778 $2729 More
Package price$2479 More
Package price$3515 More
Package price$4047 More
Limited-time deal$4055 $3274 More
Male breast reduction surgery Pre-operative laboratory tests Essential medications Post-operative compression garments
Package price$3780 More
Medical services: Bilateral gynecomastia surgery Local infiltration anesthesia Consultation of plastic surgeon Pre-surgery examination complex Non-medical services: Standard room hospital stay (1 day) Free 2nd medical opinion Support in booking services Airport-hotel-aiport transfer 24/7 concierge service Translation services
Package price$1137 More
Consultation with Plastic Surgeon Pre-operative tests General Anesthesia Post Operative Online Consultation Medications
Package price$3027 More
144 Gynecomastia surgery Clinics Found
The hospitals ranking is based on 19864 requests, 841 patient reviews, prices, and information from 144 clinics
What is Bookimed?
What Is Gynecomastia?
- normal gynecomastia
- pure glandular gynecomastia
- adult gynecomastia
- asymmetric or unilateral gynecomastia
- severe gynecomastia.
Read more about the gynecomastia classification here.
What Are the Reasons for Enlarged Male Breasts?
Gynecomastia is a result of one or both male breasts overdevelopment caused by:
- hormone levels
- some drugs and anabolic steroids intake
- liver or kidney disease
- some types of cancer
- illicit drug addiction
- chest injuries
What Are the Methods of Gynecomastia Surgery ?
There are two procedures for gynecomastia surgical treatment — liposuction and breast reduction surgery.
If the cause of enlarged male breasts is lipopexy (excessive fat deposition), specialists perform ultrasonic liposuction. Using special tools, the surgeon dissolves the fat using ultrasound through a 1-cm incision, and then removes excess body fat.
The breast tissue overgrowth usually goes along with an excessive amount of fat in the gland. So surgeons carry out liposuction to remove excess fat, and then perform breast reduction surgery to remove excess breast tissue through small incisions in the areola.
What Are the Indications and Contraindications for Surgical Treatment of Gynecomastia in Men?
The gynecomastia surgery is performed according to the patient’s personal desire or in case of a malignant tumor development. Find out more about the criteria for gynecomastia surgery here.
The intervention has no contraindications, except for general ones — diseases of the cardiovascular system, tuberculosis, infectious diseases at the acute stage, decreased immunity, etc.
What Is the Process of Gynecomastia Surgery ?
Steps of the gynecomastia removal are:
- A doctor makes a small incision in the lower part of the areola, and excises the mammary gland without the surrounding tissue damage.
- Fatty tissue is removed (if necessary).
- A specialist installes the drainage and sutures the wound.
- The removed material is sent for histological analysis to exclude oncological processes.
- A patient visits a doctor for a second appointment in 1-2 days after the operation for drainage removal and the patient’s health monitoring.
How Long Is the Recovery Period after the Surgery?
After the gynecomastia removal , the patient takes painkillers to reduce pain. In-hospital stay takes 1 day. The sutures are removed in 10-14 days after the procedure.
After discharge, the patient may gradually return to everyday activities. Within 7 days it is not recommended to drive a car and go in for sports.
For 2 weeks after the enlarged male breasts removal, it is necessary to wear special compression underwear to reduce swelling.
Generally, the recovery period takes 6 weeks.
What Are the Risks of Enlarged Male Breasts Removal?
n general, the gynecomastia surgery rarely causes complications and is characterized by a high degree of effectiveness and safety. However, as any other operation, gynecomastia removal can cause some risks:
- skin discoloration
- chest or nipples deformities.
- anesthesia-related complications.
What Is the Best Place for Gynecomastia Surgery?
Men who want to get rid of enlarged breasts often do not exactly know where the best option for having gyno surgery is. Such criteria as price and gynecomastia surgeon skills remain crucial for picking the place to experience this procedure. According to Bookimed patient reviews who have already undergone the procedure, the clinics located in such countries offer the best price-quality ratio options:
- Some European countries (Poland, Lithuania, Ukraine).
The average cost of male breast reduction surgery in these countries is $2,500-$3,200. Local gynecomastia doctors promote their skills, participate in international conferences, and are frequently board-certified.
How to Choose a Gynecomastia Surgeon?
The right choice of a gynecomastia surgeon determines the outcome and possibility of side effects. Due to this, it is essential to pick a doctor who will manage a procedure well. Always check these items while exploring a top gyno surgeon:
- Practice. Doctors specialized in male breast reduction should have at least 3-5 years of performing gyno surgeries. So, always check a surgeon’s CV to find out how long they have practiced.
- International training. Gynecomastia removal doctors who want to stay aware of the latest developments and techniques in plastic surgery participate in international conferences and training to improve their skills.
- Reviews. Real patient feedback is the most trustworthy source to get reliable info about a doctor's professionalism and service level in the clinic. However, check the patient reviews on the independent sources to avoid fake ones.
- Before and after photos. Always ask a surgeon to provide before and after photos of patients who have already undergone gynecomastia surgery. After reviewing such images you will estimate how you will look after intervention.
- Cost. Low prices may be attractive, but be wary of such tempting offers: some underqualified doctors often ask less fee to get new clients.
You can find at least the top 10 gynecomastia surgeons on this page. Please choose any of them to schedule a consultation or an appointment.
How to Arrange Gynecomastia Surgery Abroad?
You can arrange gynecomastia surgery journeys overseas yourself: choose a destination country, a clinic, and a doctor. Then you should solve all travel visa issues, book tickets, and a hotel.
Instead of wasting time and nerves, you can submit a request on the Bookimed website. Our medical coordinators will arrange your medical trip without taking extra charges. What should you do?
- Check gynecomastia deals available on this page.
- Submit a request on the Bookimed.com website.
- Bookimed medical coordinator will contact you to answer all questions and pick the best gyno doctor and clinic according to your preferences and budget.
- You receive a direct bill from a clinic.
- If it fits you, choose a date of your arrival; some prepayment may be required to book the date.
- Bookimed medical coordinator books flight tickets and a hotel with a special discount from a clinic.
- If required, Bookimed medical coordinator assists in documents processing.
- You arrive at the clinic and undergo gyno surgery.
Turkish Medical Association
The Turkish Medical Association (TMA) was established to improve public healthcare in Turkey. The association considers professional doctor competence, education, and training.
Straumann® Dental Implant System Official Provider
The certificates means the clinic is the official provider of the Swiss company and applies original Straumann® materials.
Asociación Mexicana de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reconstructiva
AMCPER (The Asociacion Mexicana de Cirugia Plastica) is an institutional body that unites all certified plastic surgeons in the country, promotes their academic growth and skills improvement.
American Society of Plastic Surgeons
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery organization in the world. Its mission is to provide the patient assistance, high educational, ethnical, medical care, and research standards.
Consejo Mexicano de Cirugía Plástica, Estética y Reconstructiva
The Mexican Council of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery certifies plastic surgeons in the country. The council updates their certification every 5 years according to the results of plastic surgeons' academic activity.
Consejo de Salubridad General
CSG Accreditation provided by the General Health Council of Mexico certifies the medical institutions due to the high quality of medical services and patient safety. CSG performs advisory and executive functions to control, improve and maintain health care standards in medical facilities across Mexico.
Consejo Mexicano de Oftalmología
The Mexican Council of Ophthalmology, or the Consejo Mexicano de Oftalmologia (CMO) is responsible for the preparation, monitoring, and conducting of certification exams to improve theeye care level in Mexico.
Best Gynecomastia surgery Doctors
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
Bookimed patient stories
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Gynecomastia surgery Patient Reviews by Bookimed patients
Who can tell more about the clinic, amenities, and staff than someone who checked everything themselves? We collect the genuine experience of our patients for you to make the best choice.
We publish positive and negative reviews — all from verified people only after getting medical services booked via Bookimed.com. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
15 positive reviews on gynecomastia surgery
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.
How Bookimed can help you
Bookimed is a trusted global medical tourism platform. Every month over 9,000 people request our assistance. Check what do we offer:
Bookimed cooperates with top medical centers in 35+ countries. And we can pick the best one precisely for your medical needs.
Searching for a doctor or a clinic? The best program for your budget? We do have answers for these questions based on the experience of 830,000+ patients served.
You are never alone during your medical trip. Our team is on hand over the phone or chat to ensure you have an excellent experience.
We don't charge you any medical travel consultation or arrangement fees. The prices on the platform are equal to the clinics' costs ... or even lower.
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.