How much does breast reduction cost in Turkey?
The average price of breast reduction in Turkey is $3450, the minimum price is $1300, and the maximum price is $8000.
|Turkey||United States of America||Mexico|
|Breast reduction||from $1580||-||from $3500|
- Below average
- Above average
Some clinics include 4- or 5-star hotel stay in the procedure cost.
For citizens of other countries — please visit ivisa.com to find more details on entry requirements to Turkey.
Transfer: most of clinics provide a free airport-clinic-airport transfer for patients coming for the procedure.
74 Breast reduction Clinics in Turkey Found
The hospitals ranking is based on 2327 requests, 1086 patient reviews, prices, and information from 74 clinics
What is Bookimed?
What is breast reduction?
Breast reduction (reduction mammaplasty) is a surgical intervention aimed to lessen the volume of the mammary glands, improve the breast shape, and displace the nipple-areola complex.
Why do women want to reduce the breast?
Dissatisfaction with the large size and congenital mammary glands asymmetry are the main reasons why women decide to reduce their breasts. Besides, large breasts can lead to health problems such as:
- posture’s deterioration
- spinal curvature because of uneven loading
- the organs disfunction because of the spinal deformities
- headaches, back pain, muscle spasm because of the load of the cervical spine
- problems with gait and balance
- breathing difficulty while lying down and sleep disorders
- increased mammary glands sweating, maceration, diaper rash (dermatitis).
What are the contraindications for reduction mammaplasty in Turkey?
Breast reduction is a minimally invasive surgical intervention, however, it has a list of contraindications:
- preparation for pregnancy, childbearing, and lactation
- age up to 21 (by this time, breast growth stops)
- benign and malignant neoplasms
- serious diseases of the kidneys and liver
- cardiovascular system disorders
- endocrine pathologies
- infectious diseases, especially in the acute stage
- blood diseases
- some diseases of the reproductive system
- dermatological diseases in the area of breasts.
What are the risks of the surgery?
When deciding on getting the surgery, it is important to be aware that breast reduction surgery in Turkey may lead to some complications. Such postsurgical complications may occur after the intervention as:
- swelling and hematomas
- divergence of sutures
To avoid these complications, choose a high-class surgeon and follow all specialist’s recommendations after the procedure.
What are the most common side effects after breast reduction?
The most significant reasons for possible postoperative side effects are surgeon errors and non-compliance with medical recommendations. The most common of them are:
- Loss of sensitivity (partial or complete) — develops because of the nerve fibers damage. As a rule, sensitivity is finally restored in a few months after the operation.
- Asymmetry of the mammary glands — often the result of severe postoperative edema (swelling) or surgeon’s error. Corrected only by repeated operation.
- Scar formation — consequence of the very large tissue volumes removal. Cosmetic procedures will help make scars less noticeable.
- Fast return to the previous breast volume — even after the surgery, the breast may enlarge again (usually in patients with severe hormonal imbalance).
One of the most serious consequences of breast reduction surgery is the inability to breast-feed. However, some mammaplasty techniques can save the possibility of normal lactation in the future. Discuss your surgery plan with your doctor to be able to find a compromise.
What is the preoperative preparation?
- Lab testing (urinalysis, biochemical analysis, Rh factor blood test, analysis for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis B and C, coagulogram, ECG, chest X-ray, ultrasound of the mammary glands). You also need an examination by a therapist, gynecologist, and sometimes a phlebologist and other specialists.
- Preoperative consultations — the surgeon and the patient will discuss the risks and the desired result. The doctor carries out 3D modeling before the operation to evaluate the result immediately.
- Light diet — during the month before the operation, doctors recommend to keep a healthy diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, do not drink alcohol and do not take blood thinners.
- Maintaining your weight after the surgery— if you want to lose weight, it is better to do it before the operation, because significant weight loss after breast reduction can affect the breast shape and final result.
- Quitting smoking and taking hormonal contraceptives — 6 months before breast reduction, you should stop smoking (or at least limit it as much as possible) and take hormonal contraceptives. Otherwise, there is a risk of blood clots, which is very dangerous.
Read more about preparation before the procedure here.
What are the methods of breast reduction surgery in Turkey?
Reduction mammaplasty in Turkey is performed by various methods. Only the specialist can decide which method is right for you during the consultation.
It is the most preferred method of reduction mammaplasty. The surgeon performs an incision around the areola (periareolar incision) and a vertical one - from the areola to the fold under the mammary gland. This technique helps to significantly change the size and shape of the breast, avoid complications, and saves the possibility of breastfeeding.
The operation allows you to remove significant amounts of breast tissue. It is the best method for people with gigantomastia. The surgeon performs a periareolar incision and incisions in the form of an inverted T — along the areola contour, between the areola, the base of the mammary gland, and along the fold under the mammary gland. The suture that remains after the anchor reduction is more noticeable than after other operations, however, the method is highly effective and in some cases is indispensable.
What is the breast reduction process?
- Before the operation, specialists take a photo of the mammary glands to compare the result with the initial shape.
- The doctor marks the skin of the chest and the anesthetist administers anesthesia. During the surgery, the patient is under general anesthesia.
- Breast reduction surgery takes 1.5-3 hours.
- The surgeon makes incisions, removes excess glandular and fatty tissue, excess skin, dislocates the nipples and areolas, tightens the tissues to make the breasts elastic.
- The breast specialist inserts sutures and establishes temporary drainage for fluid removal.
- The patient is applied with a compression bandage.
Find out more information about the operation process here.
How long is the recovery period after reduction mammaplasty?
At least 1-2 days after breast reduction in Turkey, the patient stays in the clinic. After that, the doctor removes the drainage, applies a bandage, checks indicators, and discharges the patient from the clinic.
In general, the rehabilitation period after the breast reduction surgery takes about 6-8 months. Only after this period, you can evaluate the result completely. However, in 3 months you can notice the first results of breast reduction surgery.
The younger the woman, the better the effect and faster recovery. Young skin is elastic and holds its shape better, so the sutures heal more quickly. The volume of removed tissues also affects the surgery outcome — the larger the breast volume is, the longer the recovery period will be.
More details about the recovery period after breast reduction you can find here.
What rules should you follow during rehabilitation?
Even after discharge, the patient needs to follow some recommendations that significantly affect the surgery outcomes:
- At least a month after the operation, it is necessary to wear special compression underwear 24/7, and after a couple of months — only during the day.
- In the first 3-4 weeks, any physical activity has to be eliminated. During this period it is recommended to stay in bed.
- Shower and any water procedures are prohibited during the first week after the procedure.
- In 10-14 days, you need to visit the surgeon to remove the stitches. The barely noticeable scar may remain.
- Within a month after removing the sutures, it is recommended to avoid the sauna, solarium, swimming pool, bath. It is also undesirable to go to the beach.
- In the first weeks, and rare cases, months, patients are disturbed with bruises and swelling. To minimize the discomfort after the operation, you need to sleep on your back.
- In 4 weeks you can return to work and the usual lifestyle.
Where can you get breast reduction abroad?
There are 3 most popular destinations for breast reduction among Bookimed patients.
Thailand is attractive among tourists because of highly-developed plastic surgery specialty, experienced surgeons, and affordable prices. Thai clinics offer the breast reduction surgery price package which allows saving up to 70%. The boob reduction cost includes pre- and postoperative tests, the breast surgery, anesthesia. Local clinics provide medical services in accordance with international standards.
Plastic surgery in Turkey is the best price-quality ratio. The breast reduction procedure cost is 2 times lower than in Europe. The breast reduction is performed by doctors practiced in the USA and included in the list of world best plastic surgeons.
To answer how much is a breast reduction exactly is possible only after consultation with a doctor.
Spain is one of the best countries for breast reduction in Europe. Annually over 500,000 plastic surgeries are performed here. Breast reduction in Spain is performed by specialists who are in TOP-10 leading plastic surgeons in the world.
The breast reduction cost in Spanish clinics is one of the lowest in Europe.
How to choose the clinic for breast reduction surgery in Turkey?
To choose the medical center for breast reduction, take into account such factors:
- Experience of specialists. The success of breast reduction in Turkey depends on doctor’s professionalism. Learn CV, accreditation, and certification of a chosen doctor. Also, ask the portfolio of the postsurgical results. The breast reduction cost may be influenced by the degree of a specialist.
- Status of a clinic. It is better to perform breast reduction in the clinics which have international accreditation. It means that all the procedures are carried out according to the world treatment protocols.
- Breast reduction reviews. Real patients’ testimonials about breast reduction help to choose the most suitable country and clinic. They give information about how much a breast reduction costs.
- Boob reduction price. The high boob reduction price cannot guarantee that a procedure is performed by a top plastic surgeon. In such countries as Turkey or Thailand breast reduction is as successful as in European countries, but breast reduction and implant cost is 2-3 times lower. The clinics perform breast reduction in Turkey for women and men. Female and male breast reduction surgery cost is calculated only individually.
How to go for breast reduction abroad?
If you have doubts about choosing the country or clinic and need any additional information regarding breast reduction, submit a request on Bookimed. We will contact you and suggest the best variant taking into account all your requirements.
To find out how much is breast reduction, send a photo of your breast. We will resend it to a chosen medical center. Within 3 days, a clinic will provide a bill with breast reduction cost.
Bookimed services are free for patients.
International Organization for Standardization
ISO International Standards ensure that products and services are safe, reliable and of good quality.
Turkish Medical Association
The Turkish Medical Association (TMA) was established to improve public healthcare in Turkey. The association considers professional doctor competence, education, and training.
Patient choice for Hair transplant
The Bookimed patients have ranked this clinic as the best one for hair transplant in 2019.
The Best Breast Reduction Doctors in Turkey
Information about doctors who accept foreign patients is provided by clinics
Request for details
Request for details
Request for details
- Effective prices
- Customer care support 24/7
- Patient reviews
Breast reduction Reviews by Bookimed patients
Who can tell more about the clinic, amenities, and staff than someone who checked everything themselves? We collect the genuine experience of our patients for you to make the best choice.
We publish positive and negative reviews — all from verified people only after getting medical services booked via Bookimed.com. Each review is moderated for compliance with Reviews & Comments Policy.
14 positive reviews on breast reduction in Turkey
1 negative reviews on breast reduction in TurkeyShow all reviews
Medical coordinators consult you and help to make the right choice. Bookimed services are free for you and do not affect the clinic's bill.
How Bookimed can help you
Bookimed is a trusted global medical tourism platform. Every month over 9,000 people request our assistance. Check what do we offer:
Bookimed cooperates with top medical centers in 35+ countries. And we can pick the best one precisely for your medical needs.
Searching for a doctor or a clinic? The best program for your budget? We do have answers for these questions based on the experience of 830,000+ patients served.
You are never alone during your medical trip. Our team is on hand over the phone or chat to ensure you have an excellent experience.
We don't charge you any medical travel consultation or arrangement fees. The prices on the platform are equal to the clinics' costs ... or even lower.
Slow connection. Wait for the end of loading to send a request.