What is hair transplant?
Hair transplant or hair restoration is a surgical, minimally invasive procedure used for male and female baldness treatment. The operation also restores beard hair, eyelashes, eyebrows, chest hair, and helps to make scars after the surgery or accident less noticeable.
For the hair transplant procedure, the doctor removes grafts (hair follicles) from the donor site and plants them to a recipient site – the balding part.
How does hair transplant work?
Hair transplant helps to renovate the balded areas with healthy growing hair.
During the procedure, the doctor replaces the grafts from the hair-breading part of the scalp to a balded area. In 2-3 weeks, the planted hair falls out, but the follicle stays in the same place.
In 8-12 months, the healthy, natural-looking and permanent hair starts growing.
What are the methods of hair transplant?
- FUE (Follicular Hair Extraction) – one of the most popular hair transplant methods in 2019. For the procedure, the doctor uses micro blades, which are a grain of sand size, to avoid scars and provide fast recovery for the patient (3-5 days).
- Sapphire FUE is a kind of FUE hair transplant. The main difference with FUE is in the use of special sapphire tip, which makes even smaller and more accurate punctures, than a steel one. Sapphire FUE costs more than a traditional FUE but gives faster recovery opportunities.
- DHI (Direct Hair Implantation) – an advanced and new method of hair restoration. For the DHI procedure, the doctor uses a special implant pen called CHOI. This device allows to combine grafts collection and planting. It reduces the procedure time and enables to perform surgery without prior shaving. The doctor plants new hairs among the existing ones.
- Robotic hair transplant is the procedure performed by the ARTAS system. The manual hair transplant (commonly FUE), in combination with the ARTAS, gives a better result. The system consists of robotic arms and cameras, which assist the doctor during the procedure. This method reduces human error and provides a faster recovery for the patient.
- FUT (Follicular Unit Transplant) – the traditional method of hair transplant, which becomes less popular these days. For the procedure, the doctor uses the linear strip from the back of the head as the donor site. FUT is the cheapest hair transplant method among others. However, the technique leaves the significant scar on the donor area, and the recovery after the procedure takes around 2 weeks.
Who are the best candidates for hair transplant?
- People ages 18 or older
- men with a genetic baldness
- women with thinning hair and alopecia
- people with scars after surgery or accident.
Hair transplant can't be performed for:
- people after chemotherapy
- people who don't have enough grafts
- people with keloid scars.
Is hair transplant safe?
The hair restoration surgery is usually a safe procedure when performed by a qualified and experienced doctor. But the risk of allergic drug reaction and duration of the healing process are very individual. The results of the medical evaluation can predict some risks, and some of them are common to every invasive procedure – infection, excessive bleeding, and grafts rejection.
What is the recovery time after hair transplant?
The recovery time after hair transplant depends on the chosen technique. On average, after the FUE, DHI, and robotic hair transplant, the recovery time is 2-5 days; than the patient can return to work. ISAPS recommends patients to return to strenuous activities in 5-10 days after the procedure.
After the FUT hair transplant, the recovery takes up to 2 weeks.
How much is hair transplant?
The average price of a hair transplant procedure depends on a chosen country.
In the USA and Great Britain, the hair transplant cost ranges from $4,000 to $20,000 per procedure.
The price in Europe is lower – on average $7,200in Germany.
But, hospitals in some countries provide special offers — hair transplant packages. It's an excellent opportunity to get the cheapest hair transplant and save money.
A hair transplant package is provided by the Bookimed partner clinics worldwide.
In Turkey, the average cost of a hair transplant package is $1,950; in South Korea is $6,500, and in Poland — $4,500.
Where to do the cheapest hair transplant?
The cheapest hair transplant package is provided in Turkey — the minimum price is $1,150, and the maximum is $3,150. The average cost for the hair transplant in Turkey is $2,050.
What does a hair transplant package include?
The hair transplant package is a set of services that the patient needs for surgery abroad.
The main advantage of the package is the fixed price. The package offers may vary according to the clinic, but commonly they include:
- consultation with the doctor
- medical tests
- the procedure itself
- pre- and postoperative consultation
- 24/7 Bookimed assistance.
The package can include even more additional services, such as language assistance and meals. To know more about package offers, fill the form on Bookimed.com, and our medical coordinator will give the full info and help you to choose the most affordable one.
How to choose the best hair transplant clinic in the world?
When a patient chooses a best hair transplant clinic, it is necessary to pay attention to:
- Accreditation and certification. The best hair transplant centers in the world have numerous awards that prove their competence. Among them are JCI (Joint Commission International), certificates from global esthetic committees (ISHRS, ISAPS), other authoritative organizations and editions (for instance, IMTJ, GHA), etc.
- Doctor’s expertise. The top hair transplant centers employee only the best specialists. Pay attention a doctor’s CV, their membership, education, portfolio. It will help to predict a final result.
- Success rate of the procedure. The best hair transplant clinics often provide 94-95% success rate of the procedure.
- Hair transplant options. The best hair transplant is performed using FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction) technique and its modification. It is a safe and effective option which does not leave scars or other defects. Among the most popular FUE modifications are robotic, bio, and organic. All these allows providing the best hair implant operation.
- Additional services. World’s best hair transplant clinics provide not only high-qualitative hair procedure but other services. Among them are language assistance, transfer, coordination during the medical trip. All these make a patient feel comfortable.
How much does hair transplant cost in best clinics?
- Adem&Havva Medical Center (Turkey) – packages from $1,700
- Estetik International (Turkey) – packages from $2,450
- SmileHair Clinic (Turkey) – packages from $2,050
- San-Medical Hair Transplant Center (Poland) – procedure from $4,500
- Seoul Queen Plastic Surgery (Republic of Korea) – procedure from $3,900.
Where are the top hair transplant centers in the world located?
Due to a high popularity of hair plantation, more and more plastic surgery clinics all over the world offer this procedure.
Nowadays, among the primary destinations for hair transplant according to Bookimed patients' opinion are:
- South Korea
Scroll down to find more pros and cons of each country. It will help you to choose the best clinic for hair plantation.
Where can I get the best hair implant procedure in the world?
The choice of the best place for a hair transplant is individual for each patient. Some people do not want to travel far to receive a procedure, some — look for affordable hair plantation without quality loss, and the location of a hair transplant center is not their priority. Due to this, Bookimed has selected several hair transplant clinics which offer the best hair implants in the world at the affordable price and excellent quality:
- Estetik International Clinic (Turkey) — a top choice among international patients. Over 85,000 hair transplants performed. World's top hair transplant surgeon, Dr. Bulent Cihantimur, heads the clinic.
- Dr. Turowski Hair Restoration Clinic (Poland) — the best choice for patients who want to get a robotic hair transplant. The head of the clinic is Dr. Gregory Turowski, a world's pioneer in robotic hair transplant.
- JK Plastic Surgery Center (South Korea) — No. 1 clinic in South Korea for hair transplant, the success of the procedure is 98%.
Fill in a form on Bookimed website to book one of these best hair transplant clinics in the world.
Where is hair transplant in Asia performed?
Thailand, India, and South Korea are among are among the best statess in Asia to get a hair transplant. We've also included Turkey here as a part of Asia and Europe. The comparison below is based on data provided by Bookimed partner clinics.
- affordable prices (2-3 times lower than in Western Europe)
- a wide range of hair transplant clinics which comply with strict international standards
- all-inclusive service (accommodation in a 5-star hotel, language assistance, transfer)
- fast treatment arrangement.
- flight tickets from some regions are expensive.
- affordable prices (2-3 lower than in the USA)
- world-class hair transplant clinics
- fast treatment arrangement
- exotic nature.
- flight tickets from some regions are expensive
- not every clinic offers package prices
- the hair transplant price is about the same as in Western Europe.
- the best hair transplant clinics in the world
- one of the highest hair transplant success rate in the world — up to 98%
- 100% of surgeries are without medical errors.
- quite high prices (about the same as in Western Europe).
- low prices — one of the most affordable in the world
- hair transplant is performed according to strict international protocols
- English-speaking staff.
- flight tickets from some regions are expensive
- a travel arrangement requires several days more than in Turkey or Thailand, for instance.
What is a leading clinic for hair transplant in Asia?
Asia offers a wide range of hair transplant clinics which are among the best in the world. Korea takes the leading positions in plastic surgery across the world — most of the Korean clinics conduct aesthetic procedures with 100% success rate.
Due to this, one of the best hair transplant clinics in Asia is Korean JK Plastic Surgery Center. It offers one of the highest success rates for hair transplant in the world — 98%.
Where are the best hair transplant places in Europe?
There are a lot of hair transplant clinics in Europe. Note that an affordable price allows more patients getting a hair transplant in Asia than in Europe, and as a result, Asian doctors become more experienced. Still, there are some states for hair transplant in Europe that offer cost-effective procedure.
- affordable prices (20% lower than in Western Europe), the accommodation here is also cheap
- the latest hair transplant option applied (including robotic one)
- good infrastructure — this region is easy to reach from any point of the world.
- limited amount of hair plantation clinics
- the facilities do not provide package hair prices.
- hair transplant is performed according to the strict international and European standards
- good infrastructure, a lot of low-cost flights offers to Germany.
- prices are higher than in Asian and Western European states for hair transplant
- expensive accommodation and language assistance
- hair transplant arrangement in this country takes more time.
- low prices (the same as in Turkish clinics)
- hair transplant is performed according to European and international standards
- fast hair transplant arrangement to this state
- low-cost flights from Europe.
- limited offers among clinics for hair transplant
- poor popularity among international patients.
If you have any difficulty in choosing the best clinic for hair transplant, submit a request on Bookimed website. We will assist you regarding any issue.
Which clinic is the most frequently chosen for hair transplant in Europe?
Europe offers quite expensive hair transplant, that is why people prefer having these procedures in other states. However, there are also affordable options in Poland — a hair plantation here is about 10-20% cheaper than in the Western Europe.
Among the best clinics in Europe for a hair transplant is Dr. Turowski Hair Restoration Clinic which offers cost-effective hair plantation. The clinic is headed by world-renowned hair transplant specialist — Dr. Turowski, who was among first in the world to apply robotic hair replacement using ARTAS device. He has already performed over 10,000 such procedures.
How to get the best hair transplant in the world?
Choosing the best hair transplant clinic in the world may seem difficult. Submit a request on Bookimed, and our manager will contact you to clarify all issues and arrange your medical trip in the shortest term.
Bookimed cooperates with the best hair transplant centers in the world directly.
What are the benefits of choosing Bookimed?
- Our coordinators are professional doctors. They can help you to choose the country, clinic, method which fits you the most, and even the doctor.
- Our team will help you with accommodation, translation of the documents, and other arrangement processes.
- Bookimed coordinators are available 24/7.
- Our service is free of charge.